Member login name changes - NOTICE! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:27 PM   #1
WebSlave
Arrow Member login name changes - NOTICE!

Lately I have been getting a number of requests from members to change their registered login name for them. This is something only I, as admin, can do on this site.

Honestly, I wish I had the time to do everything everyone wants of me, but I only have so much time to go around.

So my choices are to either ignore such requests, or to charge some $$ for this service and the use of my time. I do hate it to sound like I'm being mercenary about it, but my time is valuable to me. So if you REALLY want to have your logon name here changed and you think it is worth me spending my time to do it for you, then perhaps a modest donation (but don't be TOO modest) will be in order. I think this is only fair, don't you?

Old 08-30-2004, 04:32 PM   #2
Sybella
Yes, I think that is fair...as long as it isn't a requirement.

But, now I'm confused. Why don't these people just register for another account?

Old 08-30-2004, 09:27 PM   #3
Seamus Haley
Quote:
But, now I'm confused. Why don't these people just register for another account?
For a short while after Rich did this for someone else and the possibility was brought to my attention, I considered asking to have mine changed to M surinamensis, since I use this on most other forums but decided against it because... Well, asking Rich would have been kind of a bother and registering it as a new name might have caused some problems for the moderation team because it *may* have looked as if I was skipping out on my warning points. Similarly but with directly opposite connotations other people might not want to lose their fauna donation icon or their post count and member status (And in my case, just decided that my full name made it easier so I could drop it from my signature).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!