Opinions please...big difference btwn highs and lows? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
FireStorm
Opinions please...big difference btwn highs and lows?

I'm betting you're all getting tired of my endless questions now, but I'm gonna ask anyway. I really appreciate the help. I have an upcoming shipment going from FL to Oklahoma. Temps here are forecast to be a high of 88F and a low of 75F. At the destination, high of 85F and low of 53F. I'm shipping a hatchling ball python. I wasn't expecting such a big difference between highs and lows there. I'm dropping off at Fedex in the evening here, so it should be cool enough to not need a cool pack and the package will be held for pickup at the destination. Do I need a heat pack though? I'm a bit worried about using one, since the highs are in the 80s and I don't want to cook him.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
rcarichter
I wouldn't use a heat pack, 53 for a couple hours isn't going to kill him. If you're worried about the heat at your end, you can cool the styrofoam in the fridge for several hours before packing, then add shredded paper so the snake bag isn't in direct contact with the cold foam. By time the outside temps are cool, the foam will have warmed up some.

Noelle

Old 09-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
FireStorm
Thanks for the advice. I talked to the buyer to get a better idea of the temps there and read thru a bunch of other threads on here and that's what I was thinking too. I figure it's better to be a little too cool than to cook him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!