Bad Guys' In Colorado - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
pyro&pythons
Thumbs down Bad Guys' In Colorado

HAs anyone ever dealt with the peeple at High preformance Herps? A friend of my ands myslef were looking for some Retics, and heard about them from another breeder in Colorado. My friend told me that HpH(its easier than typing the whole thing) was selling baby super tigers for $400.00, even though they have not eaten yet. Does this sound wrong to anyone else? I also been told that the owner is not very reliable when he says to call u back soon. Oh well I guess They are bad guys in the snake biz. Everyone else decide for your self.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
John E Dove
Can't say I condone the practice but I have heard of breeders selling snakes right out of the egg/not feeding. Most are offered at a substantial discount off the price a feeding animal of the same type would sell for.
Personally I could never do it but it is done on occasion.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
John E Dove
BTW, I have never heard of HpH so don't blame the state just the breeder.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
jusmebabee
I have heard of alot of breeders selling out of the egg. Usually it's ones that are harder to get feeding by nature and they offered a big discount but it's at your risk.
I can agree you should asnwer calls but some people aren't good at that.
Your comment about them being bad for the snake biz is laughable. YOu haven't dealt with them yet your here labeling them bad.
I guess when you if you start seklling someone should put up a silly post with your name in the title calling you a bad seller or buyer just because they felt like it.
If your making an inquiry make it, wait for replies and decide if you want to deal with them.. If you haven't had a transaction then why not keep the "bad for the snake biz" comments to yourself..

Old 07-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
hhmoore
I wouldn't abbreviate it as HpH - it is too easy to confuse with HPH (aka High Plains Herpetoculture) which is also in CO.

And you are labeling them as bad guys without having done business with them? Based on somebody telling you they aren't good about calling back & that they are advertising snakes that haven't fed yet?
Have you even had any interaction with this company?

Old 07-28-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
WebSlave
Sorry, but the rules here are that you have to put the NAME of the person or place the thread is about in the topic line. This thread will be locked before being deleted to give you an opportunity to cut and paste into a properly formatted thread. You may want to take a quick glance at the rules for posting on the BOI when you get a chance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread