Bad Guy Lou Rodrigues, Designer Ball Pythons also on Kingsnake.com - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #81
selitper10
you gotta be kidding me i have getting bashed all day and im supposed to make this right. i don't think so. people who have been following this thread and the previous one are either gonna deal with me or not. i will never deal with eddie again i have a feeling alot of other people won't either. (thanks for the email support) my facts have not changed or been added to check the thread, i stand by my word that i did everything by the book and packaged the spider with care with the knowledge that Eddie was going to get him on the FIRST attempt. and i agree with the others 4 hrs should not matter, i work full time and my wife signs for the animals i receive but will not open them, i do it when i get home sometimes several hours later, but they are put in my cool basement not left in a virtual oven.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #82
Paul Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by selitper10 View Post
UPS's second email was at 1:47pm CST that the 2nd delivery was made signature was by "RIVERA". why would he wait almost 4 hrs to call me and inform me of the DOA. Check his previous thread time. why wait so long to call the shipper.
The snake was delivered when it was delivered. And was dead when it got there. What does it matter that he contacted you when it got there or 4 hours later?

Old 04-10-2010, 11:48 PM   #83
chris allen
Lou, are you attempting to do anything at this point for Eddie?

Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #84
chris allen
Quote:
you gotta be kidding me i have getting bashed all day and im supposed to make this right. i don't think so. people who have been following this thread and the previous one are either gonna deal with me or not. i will never deal with eddie again i have a feeling alot of other people won't either. (thanks for the email support) my facts have not changed or been added to check the thread, i stand by my word that i did everything by the book and packaged the spider with care with the knowledge that Eddie was going to get him on the FIRST attempt. and i agree with the others 4 hrs should not matter, i work full time and my wife signs for the animals i receive but will not open them, i do it when i get home sometimes several hours later, but they are put in my cool basement not left in a virtual oven.
Guess that answers my previous question.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #85
selitper10
paul did you not follow this thread, he missed the first attempt at delivery and as a reault the poor animal had to sit in a heated box on a 85 degree day for an extra 4 hours how can i warrantee that

Old 04-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #86
kylestl
Quote:
sit in a box, in a dark brown truck, with A heat pack in 85 degree weather for the hottest hours of the day and tell me how long you can tolerate it.
You and the OP bot said it was an extra 4-5 hours and said it was delivered the second time correct? Why would it matter if he called you while opening the package or 4 hours later. I don't understand that. I could understand if it were a day later or if it were the buyers fault but I haven't seen anything that says it is and basically all you keep saying is he called 4 hours later then it was delivered. I hope you realize what is right and refund or give him another snake, if not there are plenty of other ball python breeders out there. Take care!

Old 04-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #87
selitper10
good luck to you my friend what im getting at is if you opened your box and the animal you just paid good money for was dead, you wouldn't call the shipper right away. maybe he didn't get the package and somebody else signed for it and left it who knows where until he opened it I don't know what i do know is that it was not delivered on the first attempt, something we discussed the day before. and i find it hard pressed to find a breeder that will honor this claim. if it was UPS fault and it had to be re routed or left in a hub then that is not the buyers fault and i will work something out, but this was his fault.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:04 AM   #88
SierraMarie
Quote:
I still do not know who is at fault here because there is a lack of proof on either side on weather or not it is the buyers, sellers or UPS. However I do believe the burden proof in this situation lies with the seller and I know that Eddie purchased a snake that was DOA and your own quote says that the 4 hours should not matter. With that being said by you there isn't a way it could be the buyers fault. As far as doing business with you or him. I would have done business with both of you just with caution until this statement. If I ever shipped Eddie an animal I would require him to pick it up at the hub so this problem would not arise.

However, you not taking any responsibility, yet admitting that "4 hours should not matter" and refusing to refund at least part of the money, I would not do business with you in fear that something might go wrong and you would again take no responsibility.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #89
Paul Kent
Quote:
Heres my logic:

Im a contractor. If I hire an electrician, an he screws something up (no matter what it is) Im ultimately responsible for anything and everything that happens concerning the job. I can try to resolving something with the electrician, after I fix the problem, but the home owner has nothing to do with the electrician. You, as the "service provider" are responsible for providing the customer with a good quality product as advertised. For me, the home owner only cares and is responsible for getting what he/she paid for. How it happens, how it gets there, and who gets it there is on me, the "service provider". The fact that it took an extra 4 hours shouldnt make a difference. If packaged properly, especially at 80 +/- deg, the snake should be fine. In my case I hired the electrician which makes me responsible for that he does. You "hired" the shipper, which makes you responsible for what
they do or dont do. And the customer ALWAYS gets the benefit of the dought if theres a question. It seems like you just using the "first attempt" rule as a loophole to get out of any responsibility. IMO

Old 04-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #90
selitper10
i did offer him a replacement on 2 different animals , he refused and then started threads.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!