Inquiry Todd Stinson - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
Azemiops
Todd Stinson

Hi, I'm inquiring about a one Todd Stinson, I put out a wanted ad for a fairly tame male/female subadult to adult green tree python and he emailed me with an offer that I am very interested in. But as with almost everything ( even restaurants ) I do a background check and try to gather as much info about the people I'm buying from until I come to a conclusion of whether to buy from them or not.... has anyone ever dealt with Stinson and if so what was your experience?

Old 10-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Justin Mitcham
for whatever it's worth...this guy seems a little odd to me...he sends me this email...when I try calling It seemed like I got hung up on 2x times and he never responded to my emails or calls..
I am glad I didn't waste my time taking a bunch of pics for his "serious inquiry" just to get the cold shoulder.
Why do some peoples think it is ok to treat others like this when there buying...but if they get this sort of treatment while there buying, it isn't cool LOL??

Quote:
To: asnakemann@aol.com
Subject: Extreme Reds
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 11:42:41 -0400

Hey Justin,

My Name is Todd Stinson, I am a fellow herp keeper. I have been focused on Morelia for the past 10 years, and we are hoping to get into a small group of high end hogs. I am interested in high reds...you have the nicest I have ever seen! I have 20+ chondros, some high end amel pits, CBB Boiga's.....we need a nice pair or trio of Hogs!

I am moving my family to SoCal to start a new job in 3 wks. We will be driving right by Ft.Worth, in early Nov. My hopes would be to purchase a nice high end female or a pair, depending on what we can handle$$, and pick them up from you as we pass through. I lived in Plano TX for a couple years so I am somewhat familiar with the DFW area.

I know there are many crosses and morphs. I am interested in the highest reds, and red albinos. Can you send me some pics and pricing of your high end stuff, and a few that are nice but more affordable? interested in singles, pairs, and trios 1.2

We are very serious about this inquiry. I want to start out with a real nice foundation of quality hogs

Please let me know...we appreciate your time.

Kind Regards,

Todd Stinson
678 333-7131

Old 02-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #3
Todd66
Justin Mitcham AKA Drama queen

Dear BOI,

Mr. Mitcham felt he needed voice his opinion about me to a prospective customer. We have never met, nor done any business ever. The only correspondence we had was one e-mail. Normally I would blow this off as an idiot who likes attention. But I am irritated that he is not man enough to step up and remove this post. My reputation is very important too me. I am to old for this kind of childish crap.

So for the record, here was my response/request of Mr. Mitcham - as you have probably already guessed, he has not responded....Grow up or get off of Fauna all together.

BOI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justin,

A couple of fellow Breeder/herper friends of mine pointed this out to me.

In regards to your response...I am a bit taken back???I was moving my entire family from Atlanta to San Diego. My new employer moved the timetable up by 5 wks. This through us into a tailspin to make this happen. I am a single dad of 3, we had quite a lg undertaking put before us. We had to pack up our entire lives, and entire reptile collection and take them 2600 miles, with no time to spare!

I apologize for not getting back with you in a timely manner. We shut down our phones, and our internet access, packed up and headed out. Whoever hung up on you was whomever received our old number...it was not us. We have an 858 prefix

This is the first and only negative post we have ever received, and we have not even had a transaction between us! If you search the BOI, I have a very solid reputation. I am not a commercial breeder, just a 30+year hobbiest, so I will not have many inquiries. But the people I have done business with will vouch that my actions speak for themself.

You probably cost me the deal with Danielle, she seemed very interested, and then stopped communicating all together after reading your response.
How is that fair to us...again we have never even had a transaction between us???

I send out pics of available animals all the time...takes about 30 seconds. For you to act like we have wronged you in some way is frankly just not fair or professional. These kind of responses affect my ability to buy and sell on these forums. If I had purchased something from you, and not fufilled my commitment between us..then you would have every right to post. This seems a bit petty and not called for at all.

I would like to ask you to please remove this post. I have not wronged you in anyway, and my reputation is very important too me, as I am sure yours is to you...

Again I apologize, if you were irritated by our request of pics, then lack of a timely response back. If we post a negative BOI for every e-mail or phone call not returned from potential buyers...then we would have no one to do business with.
At the very least you can post this e-mail to the thread like you did my first one. If not I guess I can start a thread as well with this response, and we can go from there. I would prefer not to go down this path, as nobody ever wins these. I am too old to be defending myself for not responding to an e-mail or phone call for something I have not even commited too or purchased - that seems a bit odd too us!

I am hopreful you do the right thing fellow herper to herper.

Feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss. I will answer.

Kind Regards,

Todd Stinson
858 663-6874

Old 02-14-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
wcstegmd
Todd purchased a high end jaguar carpet python from me last year. The sale went very smoothly and payment was made on time with no problems.

Bill Stegall

Old 02-14-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
Royal Morphz
Todd the reason why Justin's post has not been removed has nothing to do with his manhood. The fact is when you post here in the BOI section the threads are there for life. All you can do is work to bettering your name in this small industry we have carved out for ourselves.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
mvite
[quote=Royal Morphz;870432]Todd the reason why Justin's post has not been removed has nothing to do with his manhood.QUOTE]

That's true---his manhood and the removal of the post are two separate issues.

Todd--I wouldn't sweat the post by Mitcham. All anyone has to do is click on "View members other posts" and they will get the jist of his overall character. (For lack of a better word.)

I'm almost more attracted to you as a fellow hobbyist now. If you ever want to trade BPs hit me up.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
Marcial Mendez
I dealt with Todd, and everything went perfectly as agreed to. No worries with him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!