Bad Guy Chris Teem is a Fraud - Dart Frogs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
SmackoftheGods
Chris Teem is a Fraud - Dart Frogs

Chris Teem, running the business Rainforest Herps, is a fraud.

Many people have been having issues with him in the dart frog hobby. In the past two months he's taken a number of orders for bugs, plants, and frogs. He has been very adament about receiving the payment and yet has failed to deliver on all counts, even to people who once considered him to be a friend. He is always ready with an excuse as to why he had to postpone shipping again, or why he suspects USPS has been unable to deliver our goods. To the mods of Dendoboard he has been insisting that he is taking care of his customers, but every person I've spoken to has had to file a claim through Paypal in order to receive their refunds, has not received a single personal form of communication from Chris Teem, and has had all of their calls in an attempt to discuss a resolution screened. Chris Teem has cut off communication with a vast majority of his customers.

He is also suspected to still owe his webdesigner for his site, owe certain froggers for frogs he has, but has not paid for, and trying to sell rare frogs that are not his, but was entrusted to keep.

I recommend not falling into the same con that the rest of us have.

For more specific details I recommend viewing the following threads:

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/thu...nsactions.html

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/ven...ps-rcteem.html

http://dartden.com/the-soap-box-f26/...pos-t5309.html

http://www.frogforum.net/testimonial...ps-rcteem.html

- Jake Mallory

Old 09-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
David Scarboro
Are You

A Moderator on any of those forums? Have you had a transaction go bad with him personally? Any Communication? Or, are you (with your first post) just reporting???

Old 09-20-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
JudyC
Hi Jake,

This thread will go MUCH more smoothly and be far more productive in getting the message out if you will share the details of your personal transaction with Chris Teem.

Give a time-line...who contacted who...what was purchased and for how much...when/how was payment sent....and share all copies of e-mails, private messages, texts, etc, used to communicate with him regarding this transaction.

Third party allegations don't go over too well.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
JudyC
Another option...if Jake doesn't have a personal transaction with this guy....is for him to spread the word about this thread to the people who HAVE had bad transactions...so they can come here and get the facts out properly.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackoftheGods View Post
......but every person I've spoken to has had to file a claim through Paypal in order to receive their refunds, has not received a single personal form of communication from Chris Teem, and has had all of their calls in an attempt to discuss a resolution screened. Chris Teem has cut off communication with a vast majority of his customers.

He is also suspected to still owe his webdesigner for his site, owe certain froggers for frogs he has, but has not paid for, and trying to sell rare frogs that are not his, but was entrusted to keep.
Anonymous third party quotation's are not allowed in the BOI, you need to state who these people are.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
SmackoftheGods
Okay. The links that I provided give a rather detailed account of many people's dealings with him and I'm simply trying to spread the word. However, I will copy (and perhaps add a little more detail) my personal tranasaction from the first link I provided:

I purchased four bromeliads from Chris Teem on August second. This was a transaction with a third party involved. This third party wanted to combine shipping with me since he knew I was looking at bromeliads.

Chris was very intense on being paid ASAP, however, never during the process of our transaction did I feel like the same urgency was being applied to getting our order out.

After two weeks - after payment sent - of not hearing anything I PM’d Chris:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackoftheGods
Hey Chris,

I haven't heard anything from (third party), so I figured I'd come straight to the source. Any news about those broms you're supposed to send out? I was under the impression that they were going out yesterday, but I haven't heard anything from anyone. Any news would be great

- Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcteem
I didn't ship them yet as (third party) told me he was going out of town...I really need to talk to him too as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:
Hi Chris just a follow up,

I've tried getting in touch with (third party) a couple of times since last you and I spoke. Currently he is incommunicado.... It happens sometimes... or maybe I was wrong and he _is_ still out of town. I don't know. However, I know that I've got an escudo tank and (third party) has a Cristobal tank that we're trying to finish and at least for me one of the few remaining things is a few large broms. While I'm confident that (third party) will be home by the time the bromeliads arrive, if you feel uncomfortable shipping to him you are more than welcome to ship to me. My shipping address is:

To this I received no response.

I finally got confirmation Monday, August 22, from the third party that Chris had shipped our bromeliads out and that expected arrival would be that Wednesday or Thursday. Saturday rolled around with no bromeliads so I sent Chris a PM:

Quote:
Hi Chris,

I'm writing just because I feel like I'm lacking details.... I haven't heard from you about whether my broms have been shipped or not, nor have I heard when they should be arriving. I've spoken with (third party) a few times this week and my understanding is that you shipped them on Monday, but as of last night they still had not arrivied. I have confidence that you will get the broms to where they need to be, safe and healthy, but I suppose I'm looking for some reassurance from you. _Did_ the broms go out on Monday? And if they did, did you happen to get a tracking number for them? It would be nice to know where they are, and if USPS screwed up it would be nice to have some proof that it's their fault (I don't imagine that broms are particularly fond of 7 days of darkness and 100+ degree weather).

I guess I'd just like to know what's up. I look forward to hearing from you,

- Jake

To this I received no response.

As the time limit for me filing a claim via paypal was running up I felt it was time to take action and I sent an e-mail:

Quote:
Chris,

I've sent you multiple PMs on Dendroboard and have received no response. This makes me a little nervous and a little unhappy. I have no ill-will toward you, and will not have any after this transaction. However, I do feel I should do you the courtesy of informing you that failure to respond to my inquiries in a timely manner will result in a dispute claim via paypal and negative feedback left on Dendroboard. I do apologize for the more severe tone of this e-mail, but the fact is I sent you your payment for these bromeliads almost a month ago and I have heard nothing from you regarding them. The only thing I've heard has been from (third party) who says you said the broms were shipped out last Monday. It has been over a week from when you supposedly shipped them and we haven't seen anything.

- Jake

I feel like I’ve been perfectly reasonable. However, every other time I’ve had plants shipped to me they’ve arrived within a week of my payment. This is my only Dendroboard transaction that has ever gone awry.

The links I provided will refer people to more stories of more scams (what proof I can provide), however, I've posted around those threads and told people to come post here.

Is this a little better?

- Jake Mallory

Old 09-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
SmackoftheGods
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFragginDragon View Post
Anonymous third party quotation's are not allowed in the BOI, you need to state who these people are.
I didn't quote anyone, I gave the general understanding of what has been said. It's not my place to speak for another person (not that I think many of them would mind), but as I said, I'm trying to get others to come here and post their experiences so that it won't be "anonymous third party quotations."

Old 09-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #8
wyldwurm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackoftheGods View Post
I didn't quote anyone, I gave the general understanding of what has been said. It's not my place to speak for another person (not that I think many of them would mind), but as I said, I'm trying to get others to come here and post their experiences so that it won't be "anonymous third party quotations."
You can only speak about your own personal transaction, any other "suspicions" need to be brought out by the people he owes or scammed. Posting that he may owe a friend isn't allowed. That is a third party quotation.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #9
SmackoftheGods
Okay, you guy wanna use a loose definition of the word "quotation" then that's fine. No where did I use quotation marks, nor did I use the word "quote," but that's fine, I'll play by your interpretation of the English language... even though my supposed anonymous third party quotations are all substantiated by the links I provided in my original post. Give me twenty-four hours and I'll get some others to come over here and post their experiences so it won't be a "third person quote."

Old 09-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #10
JudyC
Maybe it would be more accurate to say "third party accusations" rather than "quotes"...but the principle is the same.

The BOI would be useless if folks were allowed to simply come here and say, "I have heard from people that JoeBobBreeder is a lying thief! Don't do business with him!"

I realize that you did provide links as some means of backing up what you say...but forums can die...threads can disappear...posts can be edited...links can become dead. Those that run the BOI have no control over what happens or what is said in those outside threads. Matters brought to the BOI need to be addressed AT the BOI.

I'm sure you'll be able to convince the appropriate parties to come here and do their part to help get the word out as needed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!