Smallest Feedet Lizards? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #11
Helenthereef
Also, on the earlier thread you asked about using egg - I have used beaten egg in a soft plastic pipette when snakes this size would not feed, but I would only do it as a last resort - it is a great stress on them, and I never had any long-term success getting them back onto solid food. It seems yours are eating willingly, so I would not go that route yet.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #12
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runs_With_Wolves View Post
Yes, but it's not a lot of food for her. I've been feeding her ground up frog leg sausages from reptilinks. So is chicken liver okay to give to her?
Is she big enough to take a microlink or no?

Old 04-18-2018, 08:56 PM   #13
Helenthereef
This thread advertised feeder anoles - maybe she would take tails/ legs from them?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=Feeder+anoles

Old 04-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #14
Runs_With_Wolves
Thanks

Old 04-18-2018, 09:35 PM   #15
WebSlave
I have hatched out a fair number of gray banded kings when I was working with them and unfortunately NEVER had any of them express any interest in anoles. Tried deceased baby leopard geckos too without any luck. Baby Sceloporus, and mediterranean/house geckos (Hemidactylus sp.) were the only things I had any luck with.

Never tried brown back skinks, but they would certainly be small enough.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:55 AM   #16
jacob11379

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Old 04-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #17
Runs_With_Wolves
So she loves fresh gecko. She's too small to eat micro links and she hates the outer casing. I take the frog mush and tease feed her with small bits a couple times.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:22 AM   #18
jacob11379
I dont want to high jack the thread. Can someone with a lead on house geckos in bulk to California shoot me a PM for a supplier? I havent figured out where to find feeder sources on here.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #19
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob11379 View Post
I dont want to high jack the thread. Can someone with a lead on house geckos in bulk to California shoot me a PM for a supplier? I havent figured out where to find feeder sources on here.

Thanks
you might want to try posting a wanted thread in the feeder classifieds section

Old 04-20-2018, 10:35 PM   #20
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runs_With_Wolves View Post
So she loves fresh gecko. She's too small to eat micro links and she hates the outer casing. I take the frog mush and tease feed her with small bits a couple times.
So how large are the pieces you offer to her? Does she take them from forceps or the floor?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!