Pet Names - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:25 AM   #1
Lucille
Pet Names

Do you have names for all of your pets? Some name their reptiles, some don't; almost everyone names dogs, most people name cats even though many of them are too independent to come when called....

I have Muffin the Shih Tzu, and a cat, who was part of a litter dumped off at the school where I used to work. now belongs to my son, (he named her Bucket for some arcane teen reason, but he takes care of her very well and spoils her); and some of my birds have names (Mooselette the umbrella cockatoo).

What are your pets names?

Old 05-25-2005, 06:47 AM   #2
gatorbabies
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Do you have names for all of your pets? Some name their reptiles, some don't; almost everyone names dogs, most people name cats even though many of them are too independent to come when called....

I have Muffin the Shih Tzu, and a cat, who was part of a litter dumped off at the school where I used to work. now belongs to my son, (he named her Bucket for some arcane teen reason, but he takes care of her very well and spoils her); and some of my birds have names (Mooselette the umbrella cockatoo).

What are your pets names?
I have a Collie. Her name is "Cleo". I have flytrap pets I really haven't named them. I have 5 (3" - 6") flytraps and over 50 babies (growing from seeds). I call all my flytraps "baby".

Dorothy

Old 05-25-2005, 07:49 AM   #3
DAND
I haven't named a reptile in probably 10 years (too darn many).

I have:

3 cats; Clarice, Hannibal, Trinity

3 dogs; Abigail-Akita (my avatar pic), Buddy-beagle, Rosie-beagle mix

Old 05-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #4
Ginger Ambrose
Pet Names.....

I have two dogs Froggy who is a pug (and the worlds stupidest dog)
Sassi she is a dashund mix (thinks she is human)
Marilyn- tuxedo kitten
and BABS the pastel boa

Ginger Ambrose

Old 05-25-2005, 08:17 AM   #5
Jim O
I have four dogs: Lady - Golden Retriever, Lucky - Sheltie, Angel - Cocker Spaniel, and George - Pug.

All of my reptiles have "names" for the record, though many names look like "GQWC-M" or "DA-F". Some have regular names. Often those are adults that I have had for a while, though sometimes a young'n strikes me and gets a name right away.

Like this lil chondro, who is "Wishbone":

Old 05-25-2005, 09:24 AM   #6
Cat_72
Wow, well.....I won't name ALL of my pets, it would just take too long....but I'll give ya a rundown of my favorites...

5 dogs-Molly the rat terrier, Toto the Chinese Crested(named when I got him, eesch), Sally the Treeing Cur(also named when I got her), Jesse the CHesapeake Bay Retriever, and Sheffield the Bloodhound.

Cats- D.C. (short for Damned Cat) is my indoor cat, raised on a bottle from 4 days old, then I have lots of outdoor cats-Spike, Spook, Guy, Cass, Precious, Todd, Oscar, and a few that have just wandered up and stayed that haven't gotten names yet.

3 Horses- Tickle (aka Ticklebutt), Susie, and Diego

2 Ball Pythons- Monty and Maisy

My favorite corn snake- Gabby

A Royal Palm turkey named Walter

A cockatiel named Biker Billy (long story, lol)

A chicken named Elvis

I could go on.....but those are the "favorites" around here, lol.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #7
Jim O
Well Cathy, I had no idea. You really are an inbred hillbilly.

J/K of course.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:02 AM   #8
Cat_72
LMAO!!!

Old 05-25-2005, 02:21 PM   #9
PaulSage
Cat, I used to have a "D.C." too until she electrocuted a 150 gallon saltwater tank, killing about a $1000 worth of fish. She lives back home on Mom's farm now since UPS couldn't find the zip code to send her to the moon.

We used to raise a lot of shelties, and most had AKC names based on show tunes (I know that's a little odd, but no where NEAR as corny as some AKC names). When I got my golden retriever 5 years ago I decided to name her "Jersey" after a Benny Goodman song, "The Jersey Bounce". (I'm a fan of the big band era, and have been playing the clarinet and sax for 15 years)

"Payday" was my first corn snake that I got while working at a Pet Store. Not only did I buy him ON payday, but he's this cool chocolate-caramel color like a candy bar. I think he might actually be an emory hybrid.

"Juggy" is pretty much the only corn snake other than Payday who has a name. She got that title after escaping and laying her first clutch in an empty milk jug I was using for water.

When I was a kid I had a painted turtle (who didn't...?) that spent half of his time swimming in reverse, so my friend named him Eltrut (turtle backwards).

Bob is my male bp (I think that's his head peeking out of the box in the avatar) who came down with a URI shortly after I got him. (He spent a few weeks in an incubator on a Sponge Bob blanket.)

Let see what else... Oh yeah, I guess there is one other corn with a name. I got "Cooper", a male pastel motley, the same day as I got my MINI.

A friend of mine I used to work for way back before I could even drive had a number of different bantam chickens that were all named after different chicken dishes. A la King, Pot Pie, etc. :eatpointe

Old 05-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #10
reptilemama
My list is fairly long, but I'll post it anyway.

1 aussie shepherd mix names Patchie- she was named when I got her
4 cats- Chianna (from Farscape), Ace, Red, and Kane,
2 gerbils- Goody & Cheery (named for characters from Terry Pratchett's discworld)
2.1 BCI- Inti (incan god) Big Yan(Pratchett again) and Lo'lann (Farscape)
ammie- Georgia, after Georgia O'Keefe because she looks like she's been painted with watercolors
JCP- Pele (like the goddess)
Pueblan milk- Kelda (Pratchett-see a pattern here?)
1.1 Blue Beauties- Kwartz and Beryl (Pratchett)
3.1 cresties- Tiffany Aching, Hamish, Rob Anybody, Daft Wullie (Pratchett)
green tree monitor- Talyn (Farscape)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!