Reptiles Plus Florida Good Guys!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
veiledcrazy
Reptiles Plus Florida Good Guys!!

I have done business with Victor on several occasions and have had nothing but a great experience each time. He has been extremely helpful and full of knowledge, he has returned my calls every time, and I am extremely happy with the chameleon I have received from him. I look forward to my upcoming arrival on July 2 2008..

Old 07-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
dondeb562
If he was a "good guy" he would have refunded the money promised back to me. I still say BUYERS BEWARE! This man admitted to me that he is not familiar with species he has for sale. He does not even have these animals in his "facility" until they day he ships them out. He goes by a price list from wholesalers and ships out what he gets in the day he gets it.
A good REPUTABLE dispributor would know what they are selling and would refund money owed to the buyer, not try to change things AFTER purchases have been made, mitakes on THERE behalf have been made and STILL continue to try to CHEAT BUYERS out of there money. He has ONLY BEEN IN "BUSINESS" FOR 3 MONTHS.
Yes he MAY not have any issues identifying common species he sells, but if he is going to be selling uncommon species he should be knowledgeable enough to be able to identify them, not just go by a piece of paper with prices. JMO!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
nora
Quote:
Originally Posted by veiledcrazy
I have done business with Victor on several occasions and have had nothing but a great experience each time. He has been extremely helpful and full of knowledge, he has returned my calls every time, and I am extremely happy with the chameleon I have received from him. I look forward to my upcoming arrival on July 2 2008..
Your first and last name is required in every post in the BOI, other wise your posts may be deleted in the future..

but odd how this good guy thread comes about soon after deb's bad guy thread....

Old 07-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
dondeb562
Oh and just incase anyone missed MY thread....

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=112663

Old 07-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
veiledcrazy
reptiles plus

sorry about the name thing, I'll be sure to not do that again..as for buyer beware, I'm sorry if you had a bad experience, but IMO I think everyone has had a bad time at any given company, even ordering a pizza. I had one at a major retailer today, and they did not make it right...it does not mean I wont go back there at some point or that I wont ever order a pizza again...however..I am not hear to judge what happened with you, as I was not there...nor am I privy to all the facts of that matter....as for the person thinking it seems suspicious that I had posted about them, well, I'm sorry your mistrusting to think I would have an angle for my post other than to be honest about my dealings with them, which everything I had said is 100% true. If you'd like to stop by (since I live local to them) and see for yourself, be my guest, I have nothing to hide. As a customer, I am very satisfied with them and will continue to deal with them for all my cham's needs. With all do respect, if I listened to all the bad out there about every company, I wouldn't have anywhere to shop, would I? This post is not to start a good guy bad guy thing or be disrespectful in any way, but I do think it is within my rights to simply say that in every dealing with Reptile Plus, my experience was very enjoyable..and I do recommend them. Cathy Weston

Old 07-01-2008, 08:07 PM   #6
dondeb562
If you are looking for "all the facts" all you have to do is read my post. The emails between him and I are VERY clear that he was at fault but refuses to give my money back for a animal he ever sent to me, so YES HE IS STILL A THIEF.
There is a BIG difference between ordering a pizza for $10 and ordering a chameleon for $113....Yeah about a $103 difference! That would be enough for me to stear clear of someone who robbed someone for that amount of money THAT'S FOR SURE! If you gave everyone who steals money a second chance, I would say you would be quite a broke person and nothing to show for it! Thats for sure! Once a thief always a thief! Being able to get away with a shady deal once will make them think they can get away with it again! I am PRETTY SURE I was not the first!!!!I DO NOT PUT ANYTHING PAST THIS SELLER! DO NOT TRUST! ESPECIALLY IF IT IS SOMETHING A BIT MORE COMPLICATED THEN LETS SAY A LEOPARD GECKO OR BEARDED DRAGON!

Old 07-01-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
John E Dove
Ms. Weston,
I don't suppose the friend who told you about the BOI today was Victor Rivera by any chance was it?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:12 PM   #8
dondeb562
It would not suprise me in the least considering he gave me the number to BOTH of his whole salers asking me to call and fix his mess up and demand HIS money back from them.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
veiledcrazy
reptiles plus good guys

Actually no it wasn't. I have had reptiles for some time now, and have frequented this site before, just never bothered to register. I purchased a cham from Victor a few months back and she is beautiful. A week ago I inquired about another, and he was very helpful as I stated before. When I find a company that treats me well, I will tend to give them a good review. I find it silly that people seem to think there is a "connection" or "ulterior motives" that I should post about my experiences with this company after someone else posted a bad review. It just tells me how judge mental people can be of others whom they have never met. How rude is that? Have I been rude with you? no, I was simply stating factual information about my own experiences. For people to imply my intentions are otherwise, well, is just plain rude. I have chosen my words very carefully, even going as far to say "with all do respect"...can you say you have not assumed about me rather harshly? I could understand if I had accused you of an injustice, but I have not. I would expect the same respect I have given thus far. Thanks, Cathy Weston

Old 07-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #10
John E Dove
Ms. Weston,
You must admit that it is strangely coincidental that you would wait "a few months", until there was a bad guy thread posted on Mr. Rivera, to post a good guy report on him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!