Anyone know where to get permit in Ky - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
reptibreeder
Anyone know where to get permit in Ky

I read online thats its legal to own venomous snakes in Ky with a permit, is this right?
And does anyone know where I can get a permit?

Old 11-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptibreeder View Post
I read online thats its legal to own venomous snakes in Ky with a permit, is this right?
And does anyone know where I can get a permit?
Permits are only granted to accredited institutions.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
reptibreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
Permits are only granted to accredited institutions.
Thanks for informing me

Old 08-31-2012, 05:08 AM   #4
CarthaginianGeneral
I know this is an older post, but it needs to be addressed for any one who reads it. Im from Kentucky and am a venomous owner. You do not need a permit in Kentucky to own venomous. NOT AT ALL. The only catch is no exotic venomous, so no elapids, vipers, etc. However you can own any Kentucky native venomous species, such as, Northern Copperheads-agkistrodon contortrix mokasen, Western cottonmouths-agkistrodon pisicvorus leucostoma, Timber Rattlesnake-Crotalus Horridus, and pygmy rattlesnakes. Also to note Kentucky does not recognize sub species, so frankly any copperhead, cottonmouth, or timber/canebrake rattlesnake can be kept, and you can keep up to 5 specimens of each species. The only thing in Kentucky you would need a permit for is to sale venomous. As far as keeping goes your good to go.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
reptibreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarthaginianGeneral View Post
I know this is an older post, but it needs to be addressed for any one who reads it. Im from Kentucky and am a venomous owner. You do not need a permit in Kentucky to own venomous. NOT AT ALL. The only catch is no exotic venomous, so no elapids, vipers, etc. However you can own any Kentucky native venomous species, such as, Northern Copperheads-agkistrodon contortrix mokasen, Western cottonmouths-agkistrodon pisicvorus leucostoma, Timber Rattlesnake-Crotalus Horridus, and pygmy rattlesnakes. Also to note Kentucky does not recognize sub species, so frankly any copperhead, cottonmouth, or timber/canebrake rattlesnake can be kept, and you can keep up to 5 specimens of each species. The only thing in Kentucky you would need a permit for is to sale venomous. As far as keeping goes your good to go.
That is awesome, Im glad to hear that... No I cant have the monocled cobra I wanted but it is still something.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!