Reptiles Magazine - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 01-06-2005, 02:51 AM   #1
paulv
Reptiles Magazine

After reading the Reptiles Magazine thread in the Leo forum, i am wondering how many people here are subscribers?
How do you find their service? and how often do you miss issues or get them late?

I am a subscriber for the last two years and have missed a around 4 issues. I have emailed them and then they just extend my membership for another month or the amount of issues i have missed. In December i have received my December and January issues in one week. I am not sure is it is the postal system or Reptiles Magazine.

The other problem is that no News Agencies are carrying copies. I am also not the only one in my area that experience these "problems"

Anyone else have similar experiences?

thanks

paul

Old 01-06-2005, 02:52 PM   #2
LiamSevier
After years of just browsing occasional issues, I recently signed up for a subscription. That was October 23rd.

Still no issue. I know there's that '6-8 week period', but this isn't looking good for them.

Old 01-06-2005, 11:58 PM   #3
MGReptiles
I have gotten like 3 of them on the mail the past 2 weeks or so.. Overall good service.. I am actually thinking of placing an ad with them...

Old 01-07-2005, 12:15 AM   #4
LiamSevier
You must be getting my copy then. ; )

Old 01-07-2005, 02:19 AM   #5
MGReptiles
LOL, sorry man but Im keepin them..lol...

Old 01-07-2005, 01:49 PM   #6
LiamSevier
When you place your ad, make sure it says that I want my copies. = ]

Old 01-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #7
MGReptiles
LOL Ill put a post it note in there for ya..

Old 01-07-2005, 06:45 PM   #8
Clay Davenport
I've been a subscriber for 10 years and to my knowledge in that time I haven't missed an issue. In the beginning there was only 6 issues per year.
I probably wouldn't notice if I did miss an issue though to be honest. The magazine is only worth about three trips to the bathroom on average.
But it's the only herp mag left for the most part since they took over and eliminated Vivarium.
The few actually useful articles they print each year is worth the 13 bucks I suppose. But I swear every time I see yet another iguana or leopard gecko article I want to puke.

Old 01-07-2005, 10:35 PM   #9
MGReptiles
LOl @ Clay... Back of my commode is the a reptiles mag bookcase..lol.. I agree though, I can think of 3 in the past 6 months or so that have actually enjoyed reading. The carpet python, the BP and the last boa morph edition.. And most of that is covering the same stuff that is already common knowledge.. Nice pics though..

Old 09-17-2005, 04:57 PM   #10
coyote
Yes, but.

It is a great resource for budding herpetophiles.
Not only does it give basic information on a wide variety of species, it opens up the market by introducing new people to the hobby. And as speciality topic magazines go, the subscription price is pretty darn good.

I have had no problem with my service. I've subscribed for about 3 1/2 years now. There was a period of time where I was getting duplicates after I renewed the subscription.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!