Remember the good old days when you could buy "bird bombs" for wildlife control? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 07-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
WebSlave
Remember the good old days when you could buy "bird bombs" for wildlife control?

Heck, I remember buying boxes of these things every now and again at gun shows over the years. They were GREAT for chasing away nuisance animals and birds. The reason I'm even thinking of them now is because we have a your steer, cow, bull, or whatever coming into the yard who seems to REALLY like our centipede grass.

Don't want to hurt him, but we're getting tired of the "mines" we have to avoid when walking around that he drops all over the place. So he's really got to find somewhere else to hang out.

I can only find a half dozen or so of the bird bombs in the back room, and they are almost all gone now. Most of them don't work anyway because they are so old, so I figured I would try to order some online. Been quite a while since we've been to a gun show, and I just figured they would be readily available.

Hah! Fat chance of that. Looks like the feds have decided (for our own good, of course) that we can't get them without jumping through a couple dozen hoops and filling out permit applications for review for the "necessity" of our being able to possess these *dangerous* items.

http://www.atf.gov/explosives/how-to...uirements.html

Yeah, land of the *free*........

Old 07-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
JColt
Doesn't surprise me. All you can have legally here for 4th of July is sparklers and smoke snakes. As Joe Dirt says

"You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?"

Old 07-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
Metachrosis
Pour the shot from a few shells and let'em rip!
With-in 10-20m the wadding will also help make the statement without
injury

Old 08-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
E.Shell
Clinton's "Child safety Act" eliminated all the decent stuff: cherry bombs, M-80s, Quarter-Sticks. We saw some "M-60s" in a shop in PA a few years ago that were more like M-5s and Black Cats that were more fizzle than pop. Junk anymore.

I doubt firecrackers will solve your problem anyway, if the grass is that "green". I live with cows and the only way we found to keep them out is a fence, and the young ones will often push through a couple runs of barbed wire unless it's super tight. They aren't happy unless they're someplace they are not supposed to be, and if we leave the gate open, our 1/4 acre yard area will fill up with cows, even though the grass outside the fence is much more lush.

I like how they stop dead in their tracks, assume an awkward posture with their tail lifted and legs askew, and focus their entire consciousness on urinating, but simply crap down the backs of their legs while they're walking/feeding and never miss a step. Keeps the flies away from their face, I reckon...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!