A contest - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
ravensgait
A contest

I am trying this in another forum and it sure doesn't seem to be of much interest to people. Anyway looking for an idea for a contest or what have you, the idea being to get more participation in this forum.

The winner will get a CB Waiego Island Tree Boa that I got from Ben Siegel Reptiles. The winner will have to pay shipping cost ..

Lets here some ideas before I give up on this idea and just keep the animals for myself Randy

Old 07-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
I was going to use this for a bearded dragon contest but I suppose there is no harm in sharing. Besides I have a few contest ideas floating around in my head......

How about a "Calender" contest. The idea is for the member to choose a month to represent with his or her submission. You can use props, photoshop, basically anything you wanted to represent the month you choose. October could be a fall or halloween theme, February could be valentines, etc etc....... Only rules are that the animal in the picture must be recognizable and that the photo is owned by the submitting member.

With 12 months to choose from and such creative members there should be a wide variety of unique submissions.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
BoaMan Jon
I'd play along. I really don't have any ideas on the contest style, but the above mentioned contest seems pretty cool, but I can see how those inclinded in photoshop would be at an advantage (which I don't mind because I am one of those people).

Old 07-10-2006, 08:03 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
When I say photoshopped I'm referring to, let's see, taking a snow corn and turning it red, white & blue for July. Stuff like that............. Maybe I should have been more specific.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
I always think that art contests are really great, or maybe an Art exchange, in where we all submit an animal to be drawn and then you choose who gets who. Im in something similar on livejournal in where we draw Dragons. But why not various herps? the best picture gets the prize??? of course, all artwork has to be original and such.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:32 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
I was going to use this for a bearded dragon contest but I suppose there is no harm in sharing. Besides I have a few contest ideas floating around in my head......

How about a "Calender" contest. The idea is for the member to choose a month to represent with his or her submission. You can use props, photoshop, basically anything you wanted to represent the month you choose. October could be a fall or halloween theme, February could be valentines, etc etc....... Only rules are that the animal in the picture must be recognizable and that the photo is owned by the submitting member.

With 12 months to choose from and such creative members there should be a wide variety of unique submissions.

I love this idea too though, and it would be so much fun! those of us with nice printers could print out a bunch of calanders too for Runners up prizes of all the selected months! aw MAN what a great idea!

Old 07-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #7
Rebel Dragons
A fauna calender created by it's members would awesome!!!! You could always open the submissions up to photos and original art work pieces. That would allow everyone to participate, even the ones who can't drawl like myself. You could open the contest up to all herp species as well. What better way to increase your forums participation levels and interest than by having other forum junkies come on over and play. While the contest is going on you could introduce all of them to the species your forums are related to.

While I have no desire to win the contest I am more than happy to submit some ideas for it.

Good luck,

Old 07-20-2006, 05:15 PM   #8
ravensgait
OK I'm thinking of doing this one of two ways. 1- an arboreal snake photo contest or 2 a post number. IE I pick a post number and the person who makes a post when that number comes up wins. Give me some feedback on this folks..Randy

Old 07-20-2006, 09:25 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Do IJCP's Count? ^_^

I love the arboreal Photo contest though! that would be a really fun one!

Old 07-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #10
ravensgait
I'm leaning towards the photo contest. And yeah I consider Carpets as somewhat arboreal.

There are a great number of Arboreal snakes besides the GTPS ETBS and ATBs we most commonly think of..Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!