baby nicaraguan boa - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-05-2015, 04:12 AM   #41
kalismom3
ok look, i was very proud of how Gratch is doing, that's why i posted. i didn't think i was going to receive an ass chewing!!!!! judge me how you want, you will anyways! God knows how i take excellent CARE of my babies, you guys seem to like to rip me to shreads for your own entertainment and pleasure! SORRY i shared with you!! thanks for NOTHING you judgemental jerks!!!!!

Old 12-05-2015, 09:33 AM   #42
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalismom3 View Post
ok look, i was very proud of how Gratch is doing, that's why i posted.
And you should be proud, Gratch looks great.

BUT, when you make a husbandry mistake, someone will point it out. Often people aren't very nice about it, but they truly have the best interest of your animal in mind. Your feelings... not so much.

Old 12-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #43
JCCS
Do you get this butthurt in real life when someone tells you that you're doing something wrong? How do you react at work or when a cop pulls you over? Do you get defensive and yell? If so, I'd consider some counseling based on conflict resolution. You internalize things waayyyy too much. All I was saying is those practices are bad for the animal and you should quit. What you should do afterwards is either ask how I know this to be true or do your own research from EXPERIENCED breeders. But, yeah, as we can see, getting butthurt and defensive is also an option. If you'd seen the injuries I had over the years from feeding live, you'd be saying the same thing I did when you saw someone feeding live.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:19 AM   #44
kalismom3
I am extremely defensive when it comes to my animal children. Do you ever take your snakes out and play with them? Or are they just trophies dollar signs or do they actually mean something to you? You know nothing about me but yet You judge. I understand your point of what you have seen with snakes getting chewed up, but do also realize where Gratch feeds from im right in front of him and all my snakes when they feed on live, pre killed or f\t im very protective over them. Do you also realize snakes are very playful? Or have You not ever taken the time to get to actually know a snake?

Old 12-06-2015, 08:37 AM   #45
JCCS
They actually prefer to be left alone, but you'd know that if you really researched it out. I didn't and don't judge you, I just judged your very evident actions and the response to criticism. I don't know you from anyone, but I know that feeding snakes is wrong. It doesn't matter if you're right there, that mouse can still take a chunk out of the snake you claim you care so much about. You might be protective, but you're also misguided. Why do you feed live? I've found there are only two reasons to do so. One is a misguided belief that it is somehow better for the snake because of hunting instincts, etc. That's complete bs. The other reason is to get some weird satisfaction out of watching their snake kill a mouse/rat/whatever. This reason is just really disturbing on a lot of different levels.

I've owned individual snakes for over 10 yrs. I seriously doubt you can say the same. Anyone who had ever been to my snake room can attest that I knew the personality and behavior of every animal in my collection. That being said, you are anthropomorphizing them a bit. If you think you and your snake are buddies, you are fairly delusional. They don't have the capacity for that kind of relationship, period. They would honestly like you to leave them alone for most of their existence excluding food time. It's the nature of the beast.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #46
JCCS
Correction: I know that feeding snakes *live* is wrong.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:11 AM   #47
kalismom3
I have 34 years experience with wild and domestic snakes. I'm not young either. I'm really really tired of trying to defend myself when all i wanted to do was show off Gratch, and you totally killed that for me. I'm not answering anymore because You think because You have a couple of years experience with snakes you are always in the right.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:51 PM   #48
Steves Serpents
Stephanie, just ignore him. Based on this thread I can see that you obviously care a lot about Gratch and take good care of him. Instead of being praised for doing the right thing(asking for help), you were attacked for having a different method of feeding your snake. BTW, I would love to see the mouse that can do any serious harm to a boa that size. Its obvious from the updated pics that he is a good weight and healthy. If you read through this forum and others like it, you can see people trolling all over the place. Just ignore it.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:14 PM   #49
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves Serpents View Post
Stephanie, just ignore him. Based on this thread I can see that you obviously care a lot about Gratch and take good care of him. Instead of being praised for doing the right thing(asking for help), you were attacked for having a different method of feeding your snake. BTW, I would love to see the mouse that can do any serious harm to a boa that size. Its obvious from the updated pics that he is a good weight and healthy. If you read through this forum and others like it, you can see people trolling all over the place. Just ignore it.
Agreed. Feed your snake the way that makes you happy, and as long as your watching carefully, then it should be fine. Don't let them get under your skin, that's exactly what most of them want.

Old 12-08-2015, 05:19 AM   #50
kalismom3
Finally! some great people who agree!! thank you VERY much!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!