how can i help my boa - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-16-2005, 07:57 AM   #51
crotalusadamanteus
Good advice from both of you.
I wouldn't worry too much about it not eating right now. Like said, it is Ill, and not in the mood. I have a BP that hunger strikes on a regular basis, and He has refused food for upwards of 8-9 months. Than He eats again for a while, and fasts again. It's ongoing, but I know he is healthy, he is not emaciated, just thinner than I prefer. I don't even worry about it 'till like 4 months have gone by. Than I start to get concerned.
Give yer boa time to heal. It's undergoing a whole lot of stress at the moment. You really need to keep that in your mind, cus it will cause for weird behaviors. And no handling, or otherwise bothering it, unless treating, will do more to the recovery than always fretting over it. Give yourself a break. You are doing what you can. Just keep the vet up to date on everything, and follow His regimen.

Good luck to you
Rick

Old 11-16-2005, 09:41 AM   #52
Junkyard
You can use the scale at the vet's office.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:52 AM   #53
The BoidSmith
Quote:
True, and in fact he will have to weigh the boa if he is going to administer systemic ATB.

Back to the ball python you shipped to Mike; was he eating for you?

Thanks.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:57 AM   #54
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
you could just ask them - they should have already weighed it since they gave it antibiotics

Old 11-16-2005, 09:58 AM   #55
hhmoore
Lol, I got distracted by the pups & you sort of beat me to it Dan

Old 11-16-2005, 10:00 AM   #56
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Lol, I got distracted by the pups & you sort of beat me to it Dan

Old 11-16-2005, 03:05 PM   #57
monitorman85
yea the ball was eating great atleast every 5-7 days on adult mice or fuzzy rats.i still havent heard from mike i gave him a couple of emails yesterday saying how bad the boa is getting as im not going to quite till he emails me back.you would think if the ball did die he would be trying to get something out of me seeing how he wrote that im a bad guy and told every one not to deal with me.

Old 11-16-2005, 03:06 PM   #58
monitorman85
i got a another vet appointment on monday so he can get another anibiotice and to tell them that he has a RI and see what they can do for that to.

Old 11-16-2005, 03:32 PM   #59
monitorman85
i also just put up an ad to sell my suirnamexcolombian red tail if anybody is interested.the only thing that is wrong with him is that he was born with a kink in his tail at the very end.you can look at him if interested.i would also trade for a baby burmese.

Old 11-17-2005, 01:09 AM   #60
The BoidSmith
Quote:
yea the ball was eating great atleast every 5-7 days on adult mice or fuzzy rats.
That's the only explanation I can find for her death. Maybe she had food still undigested in the stomach under less than ideal temperatures for adequate digestion due to the delayed.

Quote:
i still havent heard from mike i gave him a couple of emails yesterday saying how bad the boa is getting as im not going to quite till he emails me back.
He said he was done and will not reply anymore to your e-mails.

Quote:
you would think if the ball did die he would be trying to get something out of me seeing how he wrote that im a bad guy and told every one not to deal with me.
Isn't there a picture of the dead ball on the BOI thread?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!