Newbie Here - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
Eden's Exotic Haven
Newbie Here

Hello everyone!

Where to begin...My name is Jennifer, my husband (Dereck) and I have 8 Ball Pythons (Sen, Chihiro, Haku, Kamaji, Lin, Yubaba, Zeniba, and Akio) 4 rats (We've only named the male so far, he's Splinter), 4 mice (Stripe is the male and 2 females are named Spongebob, and the other is Snow White), and a 6 year old son (Azrael).
We bought our first BP about a year ago (Sen), and got hooked. We're hoping to breed them in the future. Sen, Yubaba, and Zeniba are normal females, Chihiro and Akio we think are males (they've been probed but only to 6-7 scales which is why I wonder), Haku is our 100% het N.E.R.D. line Axanthic male (we plan on getting him a girlfriend soon), Kamaji is our 100% het N.E.R.D. line Orange Ghost male (we also plan on getting him a girlfriend soon), and Lin is our Pastel male. We have a few years to plan and get as much info as we can on breeding.
You can find some pictures here.
http://www.geocities.com/godfailedme/index/pics/Snakes/
I am not so good with my cam, sorry, I plan on getting a better one soon, and I haven't taken pics in a while so Lin and Akio aren't there. Many of you, I am sure, will not agree with me keeping some of my BPs housed together. I kept them together when I first got them, then read on a forum that it wasn't a good idea, so I separated them, all my females went off feed and got cranky, after a month I put them back together and they went back to normal like nothing happened. So until there's a problem or they're getting to big to share they're staying that way. I've always fed them separate in a container (that I clean with vinegar and water) I only use for feeding or to hold the rodents while I clean their cages.
Our rodents aren't just our breeders, they're also our pets, we feed them a well balanced diet and they have wheels and toys to keep them fit. Even the feeders are kept this way.
If anyone has any questions that I didn't answer in this jumbled up mess, feel free to PM me or post here.

Dereck and Jennifer Parker

Old 04-26-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
KelliH
Welcome to Fauna, Jennifer! You have some very nice snakes.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:48 PM   #3
Eden's Exotic Haven
Thank you Kelli .

Old 04-26-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
Welcome to Fauna

Old 04-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #5
Eden's Exotic Haven
Here is another link to some pics of our BPs.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/godfai...edme/my_photos

Old 04-26-2006, 09:07 PM   #6
Laura Fopiano
Welcome to fauna Jennifer!!

Old 04-26-2006, 10:03 PM   #7
ladyserpent7
welcome to Fauna Jennifer and Dereck

Old 04-26-2006, 10:46 PM   #8
Lucille
WELCOME!

Old 04-27-2006, 11:20 AM   #9
Eden's Exotic Haven
Thanks everyone

Old 04-27-2006, 11:24 AM   #10
Cat_72
Welcome to Fauna!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!