Question(s) for the customer service experienced.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2004, 05:39 PM   #1
chondrokeeper
Question(s) for the customer service experienced....

I have a small dilemma here. I'm not sure if this belongs on the BOI (forgive me Rich if it does), but here goes nothing.

How do those of you possibly more experienced than I go about dealing with individuals, whom you know and whom live locally, that promise they'll pay for some geckos (or any animal for that matter) you posted for sale, but never pay? Especially after you've e-mailed back and forth with them confirming things, as well as talking to them on the phone.

The situation I'm faced with is as follows. I posted some geckos for sale around March 31, 2004. I received an e-mail that same day from a former employer asking about the geckos. On April 1, 2004 I get another e-mail confirming that they will indeed take the geckos. They wanted to know if I had any plans for coming back to where I use to live (Alamogordo, NM). It's only a 1 hr drive roughly. However, I no longer have any need to go there since my only family there moved to NY last year. They also informed me that they had NG drill up in Roswell that coming weekend so receiving payment would have to wait. I was fine with that. The weekend came and I heard nothing. So I called. I'm told that they would paypal me the money, never go paypal'ed. The next e-mail I get is on 4/13, asking again if I had any plans to come that way. I replied and didn't hear back until the 15th. He was out from work because he was sick, understand, no biggie. On the 19th I get an e-mail stating they tried to call me, but the number was no good (I assume they tried calling my old Alamogordo #). I replied giving my cell number, which it and my home number are listed in my ads. And then I hear nothing until the 25th. I receive an e-mail that they have some auctions on ebay and that they'll pay me afterwards. NOTHING. So I e-mail on the 25th, make phone calls, leave messages, hear nothing. I e-mail again on 5/9/04. Never got a reply. Well I called yesterday (5/15/04) as I've had 2 other individuals interested in the geckos he wants. Seems they had to pay off on an anerythristic boa they were purchasing and he could only give me a partial payment on what he wanted. Oddly he can't paypal me on his home computer. He gets kicked out of paypal each time he tried to send money. So he tells me he's going to be going over to his brother-in-law's house and will paypal me then. NOTHING.

I'm rather annoyed with this. This individual has had over a month and a half to get the money to me. I have 2 individuals interested in the geckos, as I previously stated, 1 of which may very well end up getting the male she wants now as an animal on loan. Would it be unethical for me to repost these animals for sale (I've already done so). I have informed the current 'buyer' that others are interested. I think from now on I guess the best way for me to avoid this is friends or not I will have to request a 25% non-refundable deposit?

Any suggestions?

Chris