long distance moving - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
stevek123
long distance moving

I'm moving 1600 miles from FL to VT. If I want to keep my bp's my only alternative at this time is to bring them with me. That's about 2-3 days road travel. Any advise on if it can be done with minimal effect on the snakes.
I have 10. 2-2100 grams, one 850 grm, and several sub-abults.

Thanks, Steve

Old 12-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I moved from California to Alabama in 07. I shipped my BPs to a friend in Ga~ but he couldn't take the cornsnakes (Illegal to have them in Ga) so I bagged up the corns and put them in an ice chest in my van. Did the same thing with a turtle and a tortiose too. When we stopped at motels I'd ask for a pet room and if they asked I mentioned a dog and a cat (I had 2 cats and 3 dogs with me as well as the snakes and the turtles!) As far as anyone at the motels could tell I was bringing in mammals and a LOT of cold drinks! Then I'd pull the shades and take the snakes out one at a time and offer them a drink of water~ then back in the bag and back in the ice chest until the next night. They all made the trip just fine! In fact I wound up regretting shipping the BPs because several died do to me packing them too tightly in the boxes to ship them (and we suspect Fedex was rough with the boxes) but all of the cornsnakes made the 6 day across country trip in Ice Chests with me, the turtles, the cats and dogs just fine.

Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!