Info Al Brown/ Liar - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #101
JCCS
Seeing as I've already been around this "business" for 13 yrs, I think my position is fairly cemented, thank you. I've only had one transaction that I was taken on, and that was many years ago. You can disagree however much you want, your deal, and that's fine. Personally, I think someone with as much time and investment as Al has in his collection and hobby would be stupid to rip someone off for $75. Seems like an awful lot of work for not much payoff.

Maybe Al should have signed the piece of paperwork, but it's just not that big of a deal. If Rich had handled it like a reasonable human being, he'd probably already have a signed piece of paper in his hand. He didn't, and I don't think Al owes him a thing at this point.

Chris, whenever you're done

Old 11-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #102
Chris Kennard
"then i would think if he doesnt like the way things are "normally" done with genetics, lineage and the paperwork, he will not do well and thrive in this hobby/business." Wrong! If that's the bar he sets for others and himself, that is exactly the the guy I'd want to buy from!!! I remember when people "normally" had to get there lazy arses off the couch to change the channel on their TVs. Good thing we evolved from when ape-like men "normally" got women by clubbing them and dragging them into their cave. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #103
reticguy76
but its unrealistic to expect anything beyond the parents for genetics and lineage.

and if we really want to proper, then we should get back to the days of not needing paperwork and every little thing written out and back ourselves with our word. it would be nice to remember those days

then id say also, that the op has one future buyer then.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #104
crotalusadamanteus
Hell, I'm one of those that want lineage info. But I sure ain't going to post a bad guy thread if I don't get it. Find out who the parents came from, and contact them if you want more info then you're getting. Even take it back further by asking where those parents came from, etc. Use your fricken brain for Christ' sake.

What we're trying to tell the OP is that he AIN'T (<---) being very reasonable. And not because we're friends with Al either. I don't even know the guy, never shared an email, phone call or bought anything from him. Just that he hasn't appeared to be a bad guy to deal with according to his history.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #105
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
Seeing as I've already been around this "business" for 13 yrs, I think my position is fairly cemented, thank you. I've only had one transaction that I was taken on, and that was many years ago. You can disagree however much you want, your deal, and that's fine. Personally, I think someone with as much time and investment as Al has in his collection and hobby would be stupid to rip someone off for $75. Seems like an awful lot of work for not much payoff.

Maybe Al should have signed the piece of paperwork, but it's just not that big of a deal. If Rich had handled it like a reasonable human being, he'd probably already have a signed piece of paper in his hand. He didn't, and I don't think Al owes him a thing at this point.

Chris, whenever you're done
I disagree with you no more than you disagree with me, yes? Perhaps you think your opinion matters more than mine. I certainly don't doubt that Al is a good guy. That's not the point. If you think that the situation is "not that big of a deal", so be it. If you ever open up a bad guy thread here, I hope it's not as trivial as you percieve this one to be. I'd hate for you, such a stand up and experienced guy, to be on the recieving end of ..."it's not that big of a deal".

Old 11-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #106
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Hell, I'm one of those that want lineage info. But I sure ain't going to post a bad guy thread if I don't get it. Find out who the parents came from, and contact them if you want more info then you're getting. Even take it back further by asking where those parents came from, etc. Use your fricken brain for Christ' sake.

What we're trying to tell the OP is that he AIN'T (<---) being very reasonable. And not because we're friends with Al either. I don't even know the guy, never shared an email, phone call or bought anything from him. Just that he hasn't appeared to be a bad guy to deal with according to his history.
I guess it is all a matter of opinion. That's what the BOI is for so it seems to be working.

I would still have to say he AIN'T being very unreasonable. IMO

Old 11-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #107
Chris Kennard
Really??? James?

"Seeing as I've already been around this "business" for 13 yrs, I think my position is fairly cemented, thank you." Obviously you haven't been in business long enough to know that years of business mean nothing in this community, lol. The archives here will teach you that. Silly boy.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #108
crotalusadamanteus
Although there is some truth to what you say, Chris Johnson being a prime example, he still had a stellar reputation, and did many transactions based on his REPUTATION as a good guy to deal with. He flipped out and pulled an incredible scam. Who knows why. But until he actually did something wrong, his reputation is where it was at. Now that reputation is squat.

Until Al does something shady, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #109
reticguy76
maybe the op will show up here again soon and see where he stands at this time.

also, i agree, knowing/having lineage proof is good. other than the op, i ask anybody here, who has asked for paperwork beyond the parents, didnt get it in like 5 minutes, then immediately posted a bad guy thread. all this was totally out of line

Old 11-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #110
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post

The point isn't where, when, how or even WHY he (buyer) posted a BG thread. IMO.....It is did he received what was agreed to.

If someone can produce proof that he did, fine. Otherwise, this is an unsatisfied customer with a specific request that was AGREED to.

Seeing the posts here, to me, it appears that the majority agree that the information SENT (not requested/agreed) does not fill the bill of "Lineage."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!