Bad Guy RedTail83 aka Philip Brubaker of NH - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
Nirvana
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
The gal I date is a postmaster and I asked her this question the other day. She said that there are so many cases that they get, that need to be investigated, that they have to choose which ones to do.
Sadly, I have found this to be absolutely true -- although it is "technically" mail fraud, and "technically" a federal crime, you will get NO recourse from USPS. (The most they'll do is send you a super-helpful brochure about how to avoid Internet scams. ) I would guess that the amount has to be well over $1000 before they'd even glance at a claim.

I hope you do have recourse with this clown. A very nice police officer was able to help me when I was scammed, but it was for a good amount more than $25 -- unfortunately I don't know if that would be enough for them to take notice or not (It should be -- especially if there are more people who can claim that this guy has scammed them!)

I almost did a trade with this guy -- we had agreed that I would trade some animals (I forget what now) in exchange for a rat rack that he claimed he would build for me. I took the animals off the market, of course, and we kept in touch via PM for awhile, right up until it seemed the rack was built. Then he totally dropped contact. I didn't quite think it worthy enough to post on the BOI, but it is another indicator of his character ...

I hope you can get your money back somehow!

Old 01-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #12
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile_jones View Post
Start a new BOI thread and give us all the detail of the trade. We could also link the two together.
Why should a new thread be started? There is no reason not to use this one - in fact, the rules clearly state that existing threads should be utilized whenever possible.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
glassy
RedTail83

"Re: black widows
Oh wow youll be gone for a little bit. Well then ill be able to get you a couple or a few by then. I thought youd be back in a week or 2. Yes please as soon as you get back pm me. I'll try getting you a male and a female to make it worth your while so that youll have something to breed with if thats what you wanna do. I do know kevin has all sorts of morphs so it wont be hard finding a good pair."

This is the only message I am going to share. Maybe something has happen to him or something nobody really knows where he is at and I don't think he has close friends or relative on here. Judging from his other BOI thread and my emails with him doesn't sound like a guy would scam 25 dollars or has the need to but who knows the other side of the story.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #14
glassy
Well I looked around a thread on the 11-24-09 :

11-24-2009, 01:58 PM #1
RedTail83

Name : Philip Brubaker
Karma Power: 0
RedTail83 is at reputation level -10 to -49
Trader Rating: (-1)

Dragons
I've got a bunch of dragons for sale. I just need the money so they got to go. So i'm taking best offers on them and please no trades. I would like all of them to go together. I'm low on funds due to a job loss so im willing to make a deal. If you grab all of these dragons and I like the offer I will throw in 4 female leopard geckos as well. I'm looking for someone to send the money order over night to reach me tomorrow that is when my rent is due. So the geckos will pay for the extra money for the overnight. Let me know thanks. Like I said im taking best offer. I also have other animals for sale with good deals as well but im only willing to sell off either the lizards or the snake. So here is your chance.

crimson supper blood bearded dragon- Adult Female
pastel bearded dragon- Female 7 inches
red sand fire bearded dragon-Adult Female
citrus bearded dragon -5 inches unsexed
German giant- Male 16 inches
Leatherback-Female 11 inches

Free geckos with package
Adult Female carrot tail
Adult Female Blizzard
Adult Female Raptor

Reviews
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ight=redtail83

Old 01-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #15
reptile_jones
I just got the Money Order Inquiry for the 1st money order. Not that I'm surprised that it to was cashed by Philip.

Cashed on 12/28/09

Old 01-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #16
RedTail83
Ok first off this is my first time back on fauna in months. I was very sick with a intestinal infection diverticulitis so I have had no communications with anyone. Also for the record I sent him the frogs months ago and I will take a picture of the post office slip to put it up for proof. Also seriously I have dealt with a few people on here and never once have I got a bad complaint so why the hell would I rip someone off for $25-50 it makes me chuckle. At the same time I was sending the frogs I also sold some suriname boas to someone else for like $250 or something now tell me why would I rip someone off for such a small price when I could have ripped this person off? But seeing how im not a jerk and I dont want to listen to this fool cry I will send him his money back in a couple of weeks when im almost back to 100%. Also yes I do have proof of me being in the hospital and papers of my cat scans and such as well. This is why you dont go off drilling someone as much as you can when you should think maybe something did happen. So I will have the pictures and stuff up from my hospital bills and my release forms and of the postage slip I got from the post office when I shipped the frogs. I'm just not up for the stress from someone.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 PM   #17
glassy
I got contact from Philip Brubaker and everything is fine between Philip and I.

I knew Philip is a very nice guy, so I didn't make any fast judgment on him.He does come through with his sales and trades with everyone

Old 01-31-2010, 08:50 PM   #18
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTail83 View Post
Also for the record I sent him the frogs months ago and I will take a picture of the post office slip to put it up for proof.
Please do!! I never receved any thing in the mail from you!! Not even an e-mail from you saying the frogs were sent.

Quote:
This is why you dont go off drilling......
Drilling? I only posted our deal after you went MIA.

Hope your heath returns!!

Old 01-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #19
reptile_jones
I just want to add this PM that i got today.

Quote:
Re: Trader Rating Feedback Notification

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got mail from you saying you want your money back? I sent you the frogs months ago before I got sick. I've been in and out of the hospital with diverticulitis thats why I havent been on fauna for a long time. So your gonna give me a bad rating out of how many people I have dealt with? Also yes I have proof I have been in and out of the hospital not like some people who make it up so save themselves. 1. Or should I bring up how you first sent a money order and it randomly never got to me. 2. Then you sent me $25 when the purchase was more then that? 3. If you sent me more money I dont know but I can ask me g/f if I got any mail like that. But seeing how your making me out to be a bad guy even though I sent you your stuff you can wait a couple of weeks and ill send you your money back and I expect you to make things right for whatever you said about me. Also if you dont believe me about me being in the hospital you can contact a good friend of mine on the forums under the name joco and he will tell you. Because I just recently spoke with him a few days ago when I finally got the ok to come home
1. Did you get the 2nd one?

2. You said
Quote:
For all 3 shipped with heat and stuff will be $25.
in the PM on 11-09-2009, 05:33 PM. Maybe you meant "to ship all 3 with heat and stuff will be $25. Truth be told if you would have told me you got the 1st money order after the 2nd was sent. I was going to tell you to keep it for the trouble it caused by sending it to the wrong address.

3. Please do I would like to hear what she has to say.

Dusty Jones

Old 02-01-2010, 04:10 AM   #20
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Ok first off this is my first time back on fauna in months. I was very sick with a intestinal infection diverticulitis so I have had no communications with anyone. Also for the record I sent him the frogs months ago and I will take a picture of the post office slip to put it up for proof. Also seriously I have dealt with a few people on here and never once have I got a bad complaint so why the hell would I rip someone off for $25-50 it makes me chuckle. At the same time I was sending the frogs I also sold some suriname boas to someone else for like $250 or something now tell me why would I rip someone off for such a small price when I could have ripped this person off? But seeing how im not a jerk and I dont want to listen to this fool cry I will send him his money back in a couple of weeks when im almost back to 100%. Also yes I do have proof of me being in the hospital and papers of my cat scans and such as well. This is why you dont go off drilling someone as much as you can when you should think maybe something did happen. So I will have the pictures and stuff up from my hospital bills and my release forms and of the postage slip I got from the post office when I shipped the frogs. I'm just not up for the stress from someone.
Why didn't you post all the informtion that you claim to have for proof in your post at the same time?

*It would be simple for you to post the name of the hospital that you were in and perhaps someone could just call and verify? It does seem a lot of trouble to go though to "scam" for 25.00...I can agree to that...but stranger things have happened.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!