Saying Hey From Columbia, SC - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
JCarter
Wink Saying Hey From Columbia, SC

My name is Jonathan and I've been lurking around here for months now. I originally registered to post on the BOI about a positive experience I had, but have been browsing through the forums pretty much every day since.

Our current collection of herps consist of:

.4 Normal Balls
1.1 Spider Balls
1.0 Mojave Ball
2.0 Pastel Balls
1.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boas
1.0 Western Hognose
1.1 Yellow Nigerian Uromastyx
.1 Crested Gecko

I'll be posting some pics later today, I know how you all love pictures LoL. I look forward to talking to you all.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
radera5
Welcome to Fauna Jon! Very nice collection you have started ...and you are right, we do LOVE pictures around here

Old 08-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
JCarter
I see that you're from Campbellsville, KY? I'm originally from Louisville and my dad was born and raised in Campbellsville. Spent tons of time down there when I was younger. We used to take camping trips to Green River. Small world.

I'll be posting some pics shortly.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
radera5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter View Post
I see that you're from Campbellsville, KY? I'm originally from Louisville and my dad was born and raised in Campbellsville. Spent tons of time down there when I was younger. We used to take camping trips to Green River. Small world.

I'll be posting some pics shortly.
Wow! No joke. That is odd huh? Green River is nice.....and green!! We do love taking our girls out there for a day on the water though!!

My husband and I were originally from Ohio/Michigan and have only lived here in Campbellsville for a few years.

The other odd thing here.....my brother just moved to SC about a year ago.
Very true when you say "small world"

I was happy to see you say something about the BOI. Please MAKE SURE you use that before you make a purchase. While the good guy threads are great to have and informative in their own ways.....the bad guy threads are the one's we are very thankful for!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
JCarter
Quote:
Originally Posted by radera5 View Post
While the good guy threads are great to have and informative in their own ways.....the bad guy threads are the one's we are very thankful for!
True story. I've bought animals from 4 different people now and each time I've looked them up on the BOI before buying. It is a very useful tool.

You ever get your feeder situation worked out? If not I would suggest going to an expo and just buying in bulk. We're lucky enough to have Repticon come here to Columbia 3 times a year with a few other shows down at Myrtle Beach and Charleston. I've always just bought 4-6 months worth of feeders at the shows to get me through.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!