How do you feed? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feed you King?
Live 27 32.53%
Frozen thawed 65 78.31%
Fresh killed 18 21.69%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #11
kustom
I feed only live. To me more natural. I feed my male large mice. I am not worried about him getting hurt because he hits them as soon they are dropped in the feeding box. Sometimes they may get to take a couple of steps. My female eats small to medium rats. She has got bitten once but that rat was crazy! She didn't eat him so I was pulling her back out then out of nowhere he jumped on her and bit her. He was on the other side of the feed box just sitting there then went beserk. I thought I was going to have to shoot it! When ever i tried to get him out he kept attacking me. Well, anyways i guess i went into an unecessary story there.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:26 PM   #12
kustom
by the way they are ball pythons

Old 06-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #13
Kingetula
I feed live for now, I will be using F/T soon. My W. Hognose is now big enough to eat mice that can bite and scratch so the past 2 feedings have been fresh killed and the rest of his feedings will be fresh killed or F/T

Old 11-22-2007, 10:30 PM   #14
Common King Lover
F/T, don't have the time to raise mice and it is faster for me when I'm feeding 20+ Kings and Milks of different ages and sizes.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #15
Isis Reptiles
We raise our own rodents so I feed my kings primarily live; I only use f/t when I don't have live available and for the few animals I have which prefer f/t to live.

Isis Madec
Isis Reptiles

Old 03-06-2008, 08:08 AM   #16
JETZEN
FT or live,
sometimes 2 at a time

Old 10-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #17
Greatballzofire
Right now I am feeding my five baby pyros and one juvenile Cali ft pinkies. I don't like the ft pinkies because if someone refuses a meal, unless I can get someone else to eat it ( I feed my snakes on different days so there is always someone next in line) the pinkie goes to waste.
Soon I will have live pinkies! If they don't eat it I can freeze it for later, it wont be all spoiled. I considered returning the live pinkie to the mama mouse, but the smell of snake on it would probably freak her out!
Fortunately my snakes are pretty good eaters. For some reason the three pyro females really like to chow down, but the two males are sometimes not interested in eating.
The Cali decided to not eat for a month this summer, and I think that was sort of an aesthevation behavior due to a very hot spell. She broke her fast by eating the pinkies the two male pyros refused, bless her!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:22 AM   #18
TheCornPit
Only frozen thawed.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #19
Scoman
I have 3 young Kings about 6 months old.they eat live pinkies. One every 5 days. I have a Florida King about 4' long that eats 2 adult live mice a week.
The juveniles are #1) candy Cane,#2)California 50-50 black and white bands and #3 is a Black Mexican. I supervise each feeding. None of them make me wait long,lol. They are great eaters.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #20
KingGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom View Post
I feed only live. To me more natural. I feed my male large mice. I am not worried about him getting hurt because he hits them as soon they are dropped in the feeding box. Sometimes they may get to take a couple of steps. My female eats small to medium rats. She has got bitten once but that rat was crazy! She didn't eat him so I was pulling her back out then out of nowhere he jumped on her and bit her. He was on the other side of the feed box just sitting there then went beserk. I thought I was going to have to shoot it! When ever i tried to get him out he kept attacking me. Well, anyways i guess i went into an unecessary story there.
Haha.
I don't think its so crazy that he would be scared and attacking you after you tried to feed him to a snake. lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!