1 Crested Gecko and 1 Leopard Gecko runts for ADOPTION! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
snowgyre
1 Crested Gecko and 1 Leopard Gecko runts for ADOPTION!

I have one juvenile unsexed crested gecko and 1 subadult female leopard gecko for adoption. Both of these animals are runts and are unsuitable for breeding, but will make great pets for somebody!

The crested gecko simply refuses to grow. He's over 5 months old and barely longer than my pinkie finger. I'd like to adopt him out to somebody who has time to give him more attention than I can. He's healthy and loves his Repashy crested gecko diet, but he just won't grow!

The female leopard gecko is only around 30 grams and I don't think she'll be getting much bigger. She was a special needs gecko when she hatched because she tore her yolk sac off and this stunted her growth, but she's 100% healthy and independent now. Much to my chagrin, however, she ovulated HEAVILY this year and lost a ton of weight, so now she's really skinny. The picture below is how she looks when she's filled out. She eats dubia roaches and mealworms. She was one of my prettiest geckos last year, so I was disappointed when she didn't get big enough to breed. She'll make a great pet though!

I'd rather not ship either of these geckos, but I will ship to the right home, so convince me. ;-) I live in Athens, GA and will drive as far as an hour away for a pickup.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2010, 04:12 AM   #2
Revolution1221
are they still available? i would love to give them a great home i am an experienced animal owner and i also work at and manage a local pet store and provide care for both crested geckos and leopards here in wisconsin. currently right now i have 2 juvenile pacman frogs in a 20 gallon tank seperated with an empty 75 in storage for them to move into when i get into my new place. i have a sub adult bearded dragon in a 75 gallon a baby ball python in a 10 gallon and am in the process of building him an enclosure that mesures 6x3x2 i have a community amphibian tank at 110 gallons that is almost finished in construction they are currently housed in a 10 gallon because they are freshly morphed and need to grow out a bit before they can survive in a large tank(this includes 2 mossy frogs, 1 red eyed tree, frog, 1 bird poop frog, and one fire salamander. I also have 3 fish tanks. 1 green cheek conure living in a 7x4x4 cage and two sun conures living in a 7x4x4 cage they were both rescues. I also rescue animals when i can and find them proper homes with people that know how to care for them even if it means losing money. I would be happy to provide pictures so that you can see how loved my animals are to me and see that i am a great choice.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
snowgyre
I've had 3 people contact me so far about them, so you're 4th on the list. I'll be sure to post in here if any of the deals fall through, so please be sure to check back.

At this point it does look like both are going to be adopted next week.

Thank you everybody for your interest! It's comforting to know there are people who are interested in taking care of the special cases.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
snowgyre
The leopard gecko has been adopted, thanks Abby! I'm still chatting with some folks about the crested gecko, but it looks like the crested is also going to be adopted soon. Thanks, everybody!

Old 06-25-2010, 04:40 AM   #5
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
The leopard gecko has been adopted, thanks Abby! I'm still chatting with some folks about the crested gecko, but it looks like the crested is also going to be adopted soon. Thanks, everybody!
No problem Can't wait to see the little lady in person

Old 07-13-2010, 05:27 PM   #6
snowgyre
Thanks for your interest everyone! The geckos have found new homes!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!