For Sale Redfoot and leopard tortoises available - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 04-01-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
cherapaca
Redfoot and leopard tortoises available

I'm looking to sell my husbands tortoises. He has 2 red-foots and 4 leopards. They have been his pets for years. The female red-foot he has had for 27 years, she had laid and produced babies for a number of years. The leopards he purchased in 2010 from Jeff (in AZ), they have not laid.

Where is the best place for me to post a for sale ad on them?

Thanks for your time.
Cathy

Pricing:

Leopards - pricing them at $100 per inch. If you buy 2 or more, then will drop the price to $90/".
Measurements are:
1 is 11" (SOLD)
1 is 10.5"
1 is 8.5" (SOLD)
1 is 8"

Redfoots - SOLD

Thanks for everyones patience on posting photos and figuring prices.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #2
elena
Right here. For best response, include pictures and prices.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:59 PM   #3
cherapaca
Hi Elena - Thanks for the quick response. I'll try to post pictures of them. Have not done that before.
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-01-2019, 11:56 PM   #4
h2447intx
Like to see those leopards.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #5
cherapaca
Pictures are being posted now. Please be patient, my internet is extremely slow and have already had the computer freeze.

He is willing to split them up (but would be great if they did go in 2 groups) and willing to ship them (at your cost). We live in Texas and would be willing to meet on the road if you want as well.
Still working on the pricing but wanted to post the pictures first since I have been flooded with request. Was not expecting so many responses.

Female Redfoot-
This is Rocky. We got her prior to moving to TX in 1999 as a teenager. We had a hatchling red-foot that we had bought a few years prior to getting her, which turned out to be a male. The 2 grew up together and started producing babies (I think in 2012 or 13). In 2014 my husband found Rebate (the male) dead and thinks he received an electrical shock. It was winter time and we had 2 pig blankets in their greenhouse to sleep on. Thinks Rebate pee'd on the electrical cord at a connection point. The following year we picked up the current male. He has shown no interest in Rocky and she has not laid (that we have found) since Rebate died. I attached pictures of her last clutch of babies in 2014, 8 hatched.

Rocky today measures 16"ish and weights 21 lbs.

For reference in size

2014 babies

Male Redfoot - Purchased in 2015 as a replacement breeder. Most likely an import, still shy. He has shown no interest in breeding since we got him. Weighs 12lbs.

Contact User Check User
Old 04-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #6
cherapaca
Leopards
the 2 bigger ones together

Larger one - w/ whiter tone. Weighs 9lbs. Its hard to see but in the second photo, this tortoise has an overbite.

Larger one - w/ darker tone. Weighs 7lbs.

Smaller two

Smaller one - w/ dimple sides

Smaller one - w/ normal sides
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-02-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
cherapaca
Leopards

These are pictures of the 2 smallest leopards.
The largest of the 2 smallest has an indentation in rear on both sides (in the photo of the tails, this one is on the right)

Smaller one - w/ normal sides

Contact User Check User
Old 04-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #8
wally2
Those are some beautiful animals.

Old 04-02-2019, 05:05 PM   #9
nickolasanastasiou
Would you like me to change the title to "Redfoot and leopard tortoises available" or something similar?

Old 04-02-2019, 06:05 PM   #10
cherapaca
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Would you like me to change the title to "Redfoot and leopard tortoises available" or something similar?
That would be awesome. Thank you.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
leopard, red-foot, redfoot