Cobra Heat Mats, T-REX - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-05-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
dave84
Cobra Heat Mats, T-REX

This product clearly stated that it would not go above 100 degrees and if it reached 115 degrees or over it would shut off, well some how my het pied received 2nd degree burns on approx. 2/3 of his body, I'm mad about it!! I've been giving him an providone-iodine/water soak for 10 days or so and he shed so he has improved and thankfully no internal damage, yesterday he ate very well so he should be fine. It just sucks to have an animal under my care to be injured to this extent. Well now that I've got that off my chest has anyone else ever had a similar problem with this company

Old 06-05-2005, 05:37 PM   #2
Jim O
Dave,

Were you using the heat mat without a thermostat and/or checking temps? I never "trust" any new product that I use without using the temp gun. That's the lesson in this. Thankfully the snake is OK.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!