Homestead Reptile Farm Site Of SRT Standoff - March 31, 2011 3:30 PM - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 PM   #11
fuzzylogix
here is a transcript from a facebook thread....

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000552680127

Quote:
Urban Jungles-Radio Brian it doesn't say anyone was shot and killed. Police discovered a dead body.
about an hour ago · LikeUnlike

Wes Harvey So is Tom the one found dead or what?

Urban Jungles-Radio No.. Tom sustained a minor injury as he was grazed when shot at. The body is presumed to be that of his business partner Bruce Stephenson who is also presumed to be the gun man who barricaded himself in.

Urban Jungles-Radio Apparently, Tom & Bruce had an epic battle this afternoon and this is the result according to my sources. I have a call in to Tom and hopefully he'll tell us all what's up first hand.

Urban Jungles-Radio Please keep in mind, I am hearing this from sources close to Tom on site but nothing is confirmed. I'm jsut sharing my knowledge on the situation since we are all big fans of Tom's.

Wes Harvey Cool thanks for keeping us all posted.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #12
KelliH
Bruce committed suicide, according to some reports.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
WebSlave
Wow...... wonder what went down there? If there was a gun fight, it's darn lucky that Tom was able to walk away from it. My understanding is that he is an ex-felon and therefore not legally able to have a firearm himself, so he would have been at a distinct disadvantage in a gun battle, as is indicated in this news.

So did Bruce draw a gun on an unarmed man during an argument?

Some news articles are saying that the property belonged to Tom Crutchfield and others are saying it belonged to Bruce Stephenson. Which one is correct?

Strange stuff......

Old 04-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #15
KelliH
The property belonged to Bruce Stephenson from what I have been told. Tom was renting from Bruce.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:01 AM   #16
Khaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Bruce committed suicide, according to some reports.
Then why open a homicide investigation?

Old 04-01-2011, 02:03 AM   #17
hhmoore
I'm guessing the Jedi mind tricks weren't working on Tom, so Bruce needed to step up his game....

More seriously, though, it always amazes me how arguments can result in something like this. Glad Tom made it through with minimal damage.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #18
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaman View Post
Then why open a homicide investigation?
Other things have been said as well. We'll all know within a day or 2.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:47 AM   #19
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
Other things have been said as well. We'll all know within a day or 2.
Yeah I've heard conflicting stories about what happened also. I'm not comfortable talking about them yet. I guess we have to wait until more information is released.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #20
KelliH
I must say the latest developments make me wish that Wilomn was still around. It would be interesting to see his commentary on this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!