my list - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
killercroc
my list

i live in the pittsburgh area and there are many species of salamander,frog,snake and lizards that i have never caught before that are native.

snakes: northern red belllied snake,brown snake, milk snake and black racer, timber rattlesnake, northern copperhead
frog:wood frog, copes and common gray treefrog
lizards: 5 lined skink
salamanders: slimy salamander, spotted salamander, marbled salamander, long tailed salamander, northern red salamander, jefferson salamander

i have 2 creeks around my house, woods, there is a pond down the road as well as a lake, there is a field a little further up from my house as well. any advice on where to find these is appreciated as well as their preferred habitat and hiding spots