Emorys, Waters, Cottons, Sliders Jan 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
zipzagger
Emorys, Waters, Cottons, Sliders Jan 22

Just thought I would post some quick pics of what I saw today. The Emory's was the only one I could catch. Also saw an Anhinga, didn't get any pics of the cottons. Saw a few anoles as well.

I might sell or trade the Emory's or I might just let it go. I haven't decided yet. If you are in the Houston area let me know if you are interested.

Old 01-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
zipzagger
Oh yeah, it was a Broad banded water snake, I saw a few of them. The pic doesn't do it justice, it was a beauty. I have never seen one with so much red on it.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
sppeavy
hey, your emory looks kinda like a prairie king. Do you have a better head shot?

Old 01-23-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
zipzagger
yeah, it is a prairie king. I am still learning. I posted head and other shots on the general herp talk forum. thanks

Old 01-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #5
Tim Cole
This is what I like about Texas, being able to herp in the winter!

Ben, you are aware that a hunting license is required to herp in Texas?

And selling any native snakes requires a Commercial Permit with TP&W?

Just a heads up since we may not be the ONLY ones reading these forums.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #6
zipzagger
yeah, I am now. I am letting it go. Just found another PK, but it was dead off the side of a road, not far from where I caught the other one. Also came across a red eared slider with a missing leg that was covered in leaches. I am going to start carrying small feeding tongs on trips from now on. It was really time consuming removing about twenty leaches with a twig. It seemed in good health besides all the leaches.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!