going on vacation!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-26-2004, 05:46 PM   #1
savagehart37
Exclamation going on vacation!!!

hi guys. i just got a new baby bearded dragon. my husband got me him (or her) for christmas!

ok now onto the important question...i'm going on vacation in 2 weeks! and i'm worried about the poor baby. we're going on a week cruise. there is a girl coming over to house sit (for the 2 cats), but i dunno if she'll be ok with crickets and all. will i just be able to tell her to pour a couple criskets in every day? or can there be extra crickets in the cage that he can eat the next say??? i'm so worried about him, please help!!!

oh, another question...dont worry, i'm a seasoned herp enthusiest, so i know the basics. at least about tropical guys. with my iguana, shedding was fine cause it had to be humid. but with this guy and i'm worried that by keeping it too dry that he'll have trouble shedding...should i give him a shed box er something? or will the mistings be fine?
thanks so much!!!
-beckie

Old 12-27-2004, 08:21 PM   #2
Reptileking636
just tell her to pour a couple crickets in every day, its better if you dont let crickets sit in the cage, sometimes they will snack on the dragon while its asleep, seeing as most beardies sleep so deeply. Sounds ridiculous but ive seen it happen. And when it comes to the misting, with my dragons i just squirt them once or twice a day even when theyre not in shed, but when they are in shed it helps. Well good luck with your new baby!

Old 12-31-2004, 10:28 PM   #3
dan420
You could also try giving him a bath during his shed. It will help immensly and can help rpevent bad sheds. Like reptileking said, the mistings will help, but misting too much can raise the humidity, but shouldnt if you are only misting the dragon, not the enclosure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!