Both normals?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-24-2005, 02:04 AM   #1
KRISSYK
Both normals??

I aquired both of these as normals, but the male is a lot more colorful then the female. He is more yellowish then the pic showes. Is he just a normal normal? These are the 2 that I am awaiting there eggs to hatch
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2005, 08:28 PM   #2
KRISSYK
Also

Do they both look healthy? They eat like pigs!! She (the one in the top of the pic) laid 2 eggs 8/5 anf 2 more 8/21 and has 2 more brewing inside of her now. Is it normal for it to be a month or more between clutching?

Kristina

Old 09-24-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
South Dixie Dragons
Yes, they are both normals..
They look super healthy! Nice and fat! Good job taking care of them..

Old 09-24-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
KRISSYK
Thanks Michele. I posted awhile back because I was worried about the weight she lost expecially in her tail after the starting laying eggs. She was much bigger. But is is normal for it to be a month or more between clutches?

Old 09-24-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
Krissy,

They look great, if she is a first time breeder you may get sporadic clutches. Ive had some lay every 14-21 days and some 1st timers that went 30-40 days. As long as she has a nice humid (not wet) lay box she should be fine. If she goes much past 40 days Id be a little worried about egg binding.

Old 09-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #6
KRISSYK
She is eight years old and the orginal owner got many babies from her. I did not notice the eggs starting to buldge in her until the last couple of days. I thought she was done at 4 eggs.

Old 09-24-2005, 10:30 PM   #7
dragonflyreptiles
She is probably not done at 4 eggs, unless the previous owner sold her in the middle of her laying season.

If she is on the beginning of a new season you can expext 2 more eggs every 2-4 weeks for several months, if she was purchased mid to late season she may be close to finishing up for the year.

Old 09-24-2005, 11:04 PM   #8
KRISSYK
I got her in mid July along with the male, they were in seperate cages. Within 2 hours of moving them to the same cage they had decided they really liked living together and not long after that the bulges appeared!! This is my first attempt at Leo's and I am going crazy waiting for these eggs to hatch! The first 2 eggs do not look like they are doing anything but the second 2 have already doubled in size since 8/21. Please tell me it will be soon!!!

Old 09-24-2005, 11:28 PM   #9
aimee_s
They both look very healthy! Good job with the feeding

And I agree that both of them look like they're a normal morph. No matter what morph they are, they manage to look very cute with their innocent smiles!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!