Info *Kris Smalley : Disturbing photos - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #81
Keys & Kritterz
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Kyle,

While I understand your point, I have to disagree but let me give you some examples...

1)What if the roommate is absolutely terrified of snakes and wouldnt step foot in that room. My parents are my landlords as I am buying their old house. They dont even come over (or come inside) at the very least. I can get them to "drive-by" but they wont step foot inside, not even my father.

2)That room could have been locked up so tight that you would have to break the door down to get in. If that roomie had no knowledge of the filth behind the door, you really cannot associate them with that mess.

3)Maybe the roomie did all they could to get out of that particular situation as quickly as they could (financially speaking) and is now bringing this to the attention in proper channels. Sometimes, we take it for granted, but a lot of people live paycheck to paycheck and cannot just up and make a life-changing decision at the drop of a hat.

My .02
I can agree and see your point Dean. The whole situation just kinda made my blood boil and its hard to look past or have an excuse for the roomie. but if I was the roomie and could smell what I could imagine it smells like I might think to myself..... is he storing dead people in there?

Thanks for reminding me people are innocent until proven guilty

Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #82
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys & Kritterz View Post
I can agree and see your point Dean. The whole situation just kinda made my blood boil and its hard to look past or have an excuse for the roomie. but if I was the roomie and could smell what I could imagine it smells like I might think to myself..... is he storing dead people in there?

Thanks for reminding me people are innocent until proven guilty
There is no way anyone in that house didn't smell that. We tore off our roof and we think we accidentally trapped a mouse in the wall. It definitely died and we could smell it throughout our house for almost a week. I would have to assume that a dead snake would be worse, plus all that waste. Those pictures are disgusting and I feel so bad for the animals. No matter who owns them or lives there, someone needs to take care of them.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #83
crotalusadamanteus
It's not that I don't believe they're his animals. It's more like this is no more then a 3rd party post. The OP posted pictures with info that was sent to her by someone who is not posting in the thread. Which not only breaks the rules of the BOI, but makes this whole ordeal hearsay. Am I wrong?

We really need that "housemate" that took the pictures to post. The person the post is about should post too, but I doubt he will, because you just can't make a good enough reason for those pictures.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #84
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
There is no way anyone in that house didn't smell that. We tore off our roof and we think we accidentally trapped a mouse in the wall. It definitely died and we could smell it throughout our house for almost a week. I would have to assume that a dead snake would be worse, plus all that waste. Those pictures are disgusting and I feel so bad for the animals. No matter who owns them or lives there, someone needs to take care of them.
Youd be surprised at what you cannot smell if you become so accustomed to smelling it on a daily basis. Also, if his caging doesnt allow for a lot of airflow, it will also trap some of the stench within the cage and/or the room itself. If I have a dead rat feeder or snake in a tub, I wont smell it in the room for at least 3 days. Now, on the fourth day, the room stinks mildly enough that I have to go through 150+ tubs to find out where it is.

Now my whole point is if the roomie NEVER goes into that room, they can get used to the smell that comes from that room as it wont stink up the whole house. At least it doesnt stink up my whole house. They may also not go on that particular side of the house too. I know that if I changed the room design of my home, I could have a roommate that would never smell a dead snake in my home based on the design of my home.

Again, not giving anyone an excuse but, I think we need to focus on one person being responsible for this issue, not everyone else around them.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #85
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
It's not that I don't believe they're his animals. It's more like this is no more then a 3rd party post. The OP posted pictures with info that was sent to her by someone who is not posting in the thread. Which not only breaks the rules of the BOI, but makes this whole ordeal hearsay. Am I wrong?

We really need that "housemate" that took the pictures to post. The person the post is about should post too, but I doubt he will, because you just can't make a good enough reason for those pictures.
I agree. I'd really like to hear from the owner.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:06 PM   #86
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Youd be surprised at what you cannot smell if you become so accustomed to smelling it on a daily basis. Also, if his caging doesnt allow for a lot of airflow, it will also trap some of the stench within the cage and/or the room itself. If I have a dead rat feeder or snake in a tub, I wont smell it in the room for at least 3 days. Now, on the fourth day, the room stinks mildly enough that I have to go through 150+ tubs to find out where it is.

Now my whole point is if the roomie NEVER goes into that room, they can get used to the smell that comes from that room as it wont stink up the whole house. At least it doesnt stink up my whole house. They may also not go on that particular side of the house too. I know that if I changed the room design of my home, I could have a roommate that would never smell a dead snake in my home based on the design of my home.

Again, not giving anyone an excuse but, I think we need to focus on one person being responsible for this issue, not everyone else around them.
I'm definitely not blaming anyone else. I just don't think it's possible to live with that and not know about it. I personally would have to do something about it (whether it's cleaning for them or notifying someone about it).

Old 11-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #87
crotalusadamanteus
If you don't find a rat for three days, you're neglecting your animals. Hell, the water should be changed AT LEAST as often as three days IMO, but the animals should be looked in on daily if you ask me. For security, for safety and for their health.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:11 PM   #88
annmikeal
From what I found on iHerp, it was his ex girlfriend who took the pictures...

Old 11-23-2010, 06:13 PM   #89
Abish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys & Kritterz View Post
They had their chance to take control of the problem and did nothing, which makes them an accessory to the fact. If I had a roommate whos animals were kept in this condition, he/she would have one choice.... move out immediately and leave the animals or I will call the police and have you arrested for animal cruelty, and if he did move out I would still make his name public to save peoples animals who might sell to him or buy from him. Plain and simple his roommates new the right thing to do and did nothing and I dont wanna hear and BS that it wasn't their place to say anything.

If and when these names come out all parties involved will be on my DO NOT BUY LIST.

While it is a good thing that there is finally some effort to bring the owner to task, even if the housemate and Jackie (and who knows how many others) were just friendly bystanders, it is pretty appalling that they would see animals in this situation and do nothing for months. You know in the time it took the animals' enclosures to get to that level of filth a lot of people had to have gone through that house and realized something was terribly wrong. Rotting corpses, feces everywhere, 'coated' pest strips, these things can't be easy to hide.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #90
lance_portal
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post

the OP posted a link to their picture account... you should ask the flicker account person.... i understand why to keep it on the D.L., their could be legal reasons, or just fear of Kris...whatever it is...it dont matter and doesn't change the fact that it needs to be heard and it was...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!