Info *Kris Smalley : Disturbing photos - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #91
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
I'm definitely not blaming anyone else. I just don't think it's possible to live with that and not know about it. I personally would have to do something about it (whether it's cleaning for them or notifying someone about it).
I agree. Scared of snakes or not, being roomies you would think at some point there would be an odor, or even a quick glimpse into the room out of curiousity or whatever. I understand what Dean is saying about rooms being contained in the specific room, but something would of had to give that away at some point. Someone that isn't knowledgeable about herps may have assumed they just had an odor and didn't say anything, and just happen to get a look into the room and seen the filth. Or there may have been promises to get it cleaned up, and they just got fed up with it and turned him in. I am not the cleanest person on earth, my herp room is never perfect, but for someone to go to this level just blows me away. Animal hoarding?

Old 11-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #92
Abish
But Jackie said repeatedly that multiple people witnessed the room in that condition. She included herself in that statement until I tried to pin her down and she backed up some.

Smalley says he's created an account but cannot log on/ is waiting for it to be approved.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:28 PM   #93
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
If you don't find a rat for three days, you're neglecting your animals. Hell, the water should be changed AT LEAST as often as three days IMO, but the animals should be looked in on daily if you ask me. For security, for safety and for their health.
You are ASSuming that I dont check my snakes but every three days Richard. I was using that fact as an example of how your sense of smell deteriorates if you get used to a smell. I also have a rat breeding facility, a hedgehog room, a sugar glider room, and now a part time retail outlet as well so I dont smell anything, ever.
If you think that every rat tub gets changed every 3 days in everyones rat breeding then you know some awesome people who have a lot of time on their hands. I dont full on check every tub daily, not enough time in a day for me to do so.
Dont try to change this towards me based on the fact that I simply said that you lose your sense of smell if you get used to it and used an example.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #94
lance_portal
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
I agree. Scared of snakes or not, being roomies you would think at some point there would be an odor, or even a quick glimpse into the room out of curiousity or whatever.
that wasn't the case...someone went over their and thats when they found it. didnt live their.............

the person that took the pics did nothing wrong and didn't neglect the reptiles, found them that way..

Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #95
annmikeal
If it was his ex girlfriend who took the photos she may have been fine with the situation until they broke up... girls are pretty vindictive little creatures

Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #96
annmikeal
its still nasty either way though

Old 11-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #97
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
You are ASSuming that I dont check my snakes but every three days Richard.
OR, You are ASSuming I was directing that at you. I admit, your post sparked my comment, but I deliberately didn't quote you, so as to generalize my statement.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #98
kkevs
Since I'm the accused party, here you go...

Yes, that was my snakeroom, yes, the lack of care did happen in the months the pictures were taken, and no, I am entirely responsible. My housemate who happens to clean kennels at at Vet's office and was going to take over cleaning the snakes enclosures for that period of time. I totally let it slack, I didn't check up on her, and to be honest, I've never been ill with flu-like symptoms that kept me flat out sick as a dog. I'm ultimately responsible for every atrocity that happened under my roof, just as I am ultimately responsible for 95% of the reptiles in my home being killed by a faulty 60+ year old furnace I'd repeatedly asked my landlord to replace. My housemate didn't move out under duress, she gave me 30 day notice, had even thanked me for helping her to grow personally while she attended Massage Therapy School, and these pics and false information are now being posted because she is financially in over her head and wants to be able to abscond without paying her half of the last utility bills and rent. As to the other comments regarding The Retic Ranch and the gentleman with the boa with a sore on her nose, I was never going to be in a partnership with them, and the tiger retic he sent me had a horrible face rub and raw, swollen head that he said all tigers do when bagged. That's it, say what you want, judge me as you like. I'm parting with every remaining reptile, selling the equipment, and want nothing to do with Ms. Erne or the former housemate.

Kris Smalley

Old 11-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #99
annmikeal
Wow Kris, now thats a man right there, taking responsibility for your actions. I personally commend you for that, even though I think the conditions were absolutely disgusting and cruel. Thanks for coming on here and being a real man...

Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #100
AreaPhoto
Are you freaking for real! That was your sad ass excuse of an apology? Kick me off this forum if you want for saying ass but you are the biggest ass I have had to read about in quite a while. If I may suggest to the Fauna account team, delete kkevs active status immediately.
You killed animals Kris! And for what? To be able to show off and say you're a snake keeper or something. You deserve the minimum sentence in jail they give fools for extreme cases of animal abuse when people let dog and cats die. I wish I could share with you my real emotions about how much of a disgrace you are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!