Info *Kris Smalley : Disturbing photos - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #101
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmikeal View Post
Wow Kris, now thats a man right there, taking responsibility for your actions. I personally commend you for that, even though I think the conditions were absolutely disgusting and cruel. Thanks for coming on here and being a real man...
Not to start a war here but a real man/woman doesn't let another Living creature that depends on them for their well being die and suffer like that without KNOWING something was going on.

Ever smell dead snake? Its not that easy to shrug off and think its nothing. Its a HORRIBLE smell and will fill an entire house up in mins.

No excuse period, you did wrong and should give up on owning any pets.

Cant afford more than one snake dont get another one.

1 snake=1cage

Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #102
annmikeal
Im not excusing anything that he did, what I am saying is that there are so many "fake" people in this world who try to blame everything on someone else and he is actually saying that yes he messed up. That takes balls, no matter what your feelings on him as a person is, he is taking responsibility for what he did. He also said that he is getting rid of everything and not keeping animals any longer... which is exactly what should happen. I do believe that he should be locked up or at least do a ton of community service or something for how gross the conditions were.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #103
AreaPhoto
Then he should also take responsibility and turn himself in to the local sheriff's department for animal abuse.

Sorry Ann but I also read a whole lot of blaming in his "confession." Screen shot taken and saved in case someone needs it for the court case. >

Old 11-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #104
annmikeal
Kris, how long ago was the room like this? Do you still have animals in your "care"? Do you personally feel guilty at all for basically murdering helpless animals?

Old 11-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #105
kkevs
It was like that for approx 6 weeks while I was down sick, and I couldn't have smelled a gas leak or anything else with the resp and sinus condition I had. I don't have any animals that are staying, the 6 survivors of the furnace explosion (blowout) are being shipped out Monday to a friend in Texas and 1 for a friend and his family. How could I not feel terrible? All I am saying is that so many of the comments and photos are taken out of context that a correct or absolute judgement as to who is responsible is impossible. My housemate and I were not a couple when these were taken, hadn't been for months, and if she thought I was so horrible and monstrous then, why did she wait to post the pictures until after she moved? She could have contacted the authorities of posted the pics online at any time, it's a bit coincidental to me that she lost animals in the accident (incidentally not a single one that she'd paid for, all gifts from me), she has unpaid utility bills and rent, and now I'm the Great Satan. By allowing this under my roof, I am responsible, but I could no more prevent her bs than I could control the burner unit of a 60+ year old furnace from exploding.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #106
Keys & Kritterz
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmikeal View Post
Kris, how long ago was the room like this? Do you still have animals in your "care"? Do you personally feel guilty at all for basically murdering helpless animals?
This was my main concern after seein you post Kris, As for your roommates responsibilities..... THERE YOUR SNAKES!!!!!!! If my reptile room looked remotely like that at all id lock my roommate in one of those cages. Your roommates financial situation has nothing to do with the problem.... no one cares! Nobody wants to hear any sorry excuse you have for keeping your animals like that. I hope as a man you return to this board regularly to read what the truly dedicated and caring reptile owners have to say about you.

I second the turning yourself in w/ photos in hand.... thats a man

Old 11-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #107
kkevs
I would like to know what the forum's opinion is on the housemate who neglected the animals for so long, who photographed her "evidence", and did nothing but wait to be vindictive when asked to pay her fair share of the bills nearly 6 months later.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #108
RichsBallPythons
Who cares what the roommate did, THEIR YOUR SNAKES not your room mates.

Stop pawning it off as if your were not at full blame here.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #109
Amelanistic Orca
Eeeeeeeeeeee yikes!!!!! Please just move those animals to a vet immediately before anything further!! I'm worried for your friends animals at this point...

Old 11-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #110
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkevs View Post
I would like to know what the forum's opinion is on the housemate who neglected the animals for so long, who photographed her "evidence", and did nothing but wait to be vindictive when asked to pay her fair share of the bills nearly 6 months later.
Kris,

At the end of the day, it doesnt matter what your roomie did, or did not do. If you had access to YOUR animals, you should have taken care of them, not leave someone else to do it.

Regardless of her being vindictive or not, the fact still remains, which you admitted to, that these are your animals, your cages, your mess. It doesnt matter what the excuses are, they should never have been left that way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!