Inquiry is usark scamming the reptile industry - Page 60 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #591
HerpVenue
Darn. You are good. Just realized I got suckered into that arguing again.

But I will leave it at this. Do you want to waste your time arguing or do you want to work with others like an adult and do something positive?

Old 01-27-2015, 03:15 PM   #592
freedumbdclxvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
No you gave a news article, which we all know the media twists facts and lies, like the people trying to keep their animals aren't going to lie, obviously they didn't research what those laws would be, I don't believe they were told they didn't need a new permit, being grandfathered in doesn't male you free of permits when they had permits prior?? Yea nothing about that adds up to me.
Whatever you want to believe makee zero difference to me. Once again, don't be surprised if one agent says one thing and another says another. I hope you got an email address from the agent you talked to and got everything said verified in writing. It's what I do.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:19 PM   #593
freedumbdclxvi
Quote:
Btw I live in Ohio. So not just your state. Do you know those people personally? To say they are telling the truth? Do you have proof no one else does that they were told they didn't need a permit or if they even went? Isn't it possible since they were told they were grandfathered in they just didn't bother to research the new laws and didn't bother to check if they would still need a permit so now that they want to take the bear for noncompliance they're going to say anything they can to try to keep it? I read the laws, obviously they didnt, I called well in advance of him hitting 12 ft if he even does since he's supposedly 2 1/2 and only 8ft. But I would like to get a female. I'm making these attempts so that I can legally keep my animals. That article makes it sound like they didn't bother to even try.
Considering the state didn't dispute they were in compliance prior to the new changes, I have little reason to doubt their statements. Also, the article addresses mowt of your points - you just give them little value. You do understand you're putting more weight to the words of people who, in the face of experts and herpetologists, claim Burms can colonize most of the continental US, yes? *shrug*

Old 01-27-2015, 03:23 PM   #594
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumbdclxvi View Post
Whatever you want to believe makee zero difference to me. Once again, don't be surprised if one agent says one thing and another says another. I hope you got an email address from the agent you talked to and got everything said verified in writing. It's what I do.
Talking to someone with the permit now. Have you applied for a restricted snake permit?

Old 01-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #595
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
Just know what you're getting into....you said you got bit in the head by a boa...I'll never understand why people let big snakes near their face
I said back of the head, I was holding her and someone knocked on my door, I was holding her head back behind mine to keep a distance between her and the person at my door, I must have had my hand in such a way it was cutting off her air (my mistake and a complete accident) and she struck out because that's all she could do. I was already right by the door so instead of walking a few rooms away and putting her away and coming back I opened the door in case it was important because people don't just stop by unannounced.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #596
ElexisC
And to add onto that that was almost 3 years ago. I have only been bit like 3 times since and was all stupid feeding mistakes on my part.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #597
freedumbdclxvi
Quote:
Talking to someone with the permit now. Have you applied for a restricted snake permit?
I have my CSP in FL, yes.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:34 PM   #598
ElexisC
Quote:
I have my CSP in FL, yes.
Csp? In florida? So you know nothing of the permit process in Ohio, great another speaking on permit they haven't even applied for. I'm talking to the guy who runs Herps Alive here in Ohio and has the license. I think he'd know better than you guys. And says it's very easy to get.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #599
freedumbdclxvi
Quote:
Csp? In florida? So you know nothing of the permit process in Ohio, great another speaking on permit they haven't even applied for. I'm talking to the guy who runs Herps Alive here in Ohio and has the license. I think he'd know better than you guys. And says it's very easy to get.
First, stop trying to be cute or obtuse. My profile says I live in FL and I also said so in my example. Second, out of state or not, it is important to understand laws are written on very specific ways which leave room for interpretation for those executing them. FL laws are that eay. Reading the Ohio code (cause, yeah I did), they have the leeway to enforce the ZAA requirements at their discretion. Third, Herps Alive, despite having a permit, is *not* the person nor agency that gives the permits. To give another FL example (which you'll probably roll your eyes and ignore), I have heard it is both easy and hard to pass. I had a relatively smooth experience. But I had everything in writing from both the agency and agent who dod the inspection. Which leads to the fourth point - get all you can in writing. Not I called qnd wrote this down and someone with the permit told me. Get written documentation of what you've been told.

Or don't. *shrug*

Old 01-27-2015, 03:51 PM   #600
ElexisC
Quote:
First, stop trying to be cute or obtuse. My profile says I live in FL and I also said so in my example. Second, out of state or not, it is important to understand laws are written on very specific ways which leave room for interpretation for those executing them. FL laws are that eay. Reading the Ohio code (cause, yeah I did), they have the leeway to enforce the ZAA requirements at their discretion. Third, Herps Alive, despite having a permit, is *not* the person nor agency that gives the permits. To give another FL example (which you'll probably roll your eyes and ignore), I have heard it is both easy and hard to pass. I had a relatively smooth experience. But I had everything in writing from both the agency and agent who dod the inspection. Which leads to the fourth point - get all you can in writing. Not I called qnd wrote this down and someone with the permit told me. Get written documentation of what you've been told.

Or don't. *shrug*
I didn't say he was giving me the permit if you re read it I said I'm talking to them because they HAVE the permit and he WENT THREW THE PERMIT PROCESS so yes he would be one to ask about it since he went threw it and yall said ask the people who keep retics and other large snakes but when I do you Rey to discredit it? Lmao good day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!