Info Ben Siegel Troubles - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:26 PM   #191
rosebud945
Looks like he is in a mental health facility. Second eval ordered.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/sfl...miumvideo.html

http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-storie...on-22637.shtml

Old 02-01-2015, 02:23 AM   #192
Incredible Carpets
He gets what he deserves. He's had way too many free passes. If he has a mental problem, get out of the business. Commit a crime, due the time.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:35 AM   #193
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Carpets View Post
Commit a crime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
The law as it is written in the United States requires that there be shown intent or as it used to be known, mens rea (the levels, negligently, recklessly, knowingly, purposefully as defined by the Modern Penal Code) in order to convict someone of most crimes.
As far as I know from what has been written here, Ben is accused, not convicted; whether he had the requisite intent has not been shown.

There has been much time and thought put into this thread by some about the nature of the incident, helping those in need, giving them a hand up, and especially not kicking them while they are down, while at the same time keeping critters safe. However, I think that some people are not even reading the many comments prior to theirs.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:15 AM   #194
Guy Castro
After reading a lot of posts,I can see that many have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express!

Old 02-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #195
rosebud945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Carpets View Post
He gets what he deserves. He's had way too many free passes. If he has a mental problem, get out of the business. Commit a crime, due the time.
Paul, the first court ordered psych eval deemed him mentally unfit for trial, which means that the psychiatrist who examined him found him so delusional that he can't defend himself. I agree that while he is psychotic, he should not only not be allowed around animals, but he should be kept away from people whom he can hurt as well, and he could even be at risk of self harm. Guess what. He is in a mental health facility, so all of these things are true. However, if someone is not even fit for trial, can we call what he did a crime?

Meanwhile, BSR is still in business. I think its future is very uncertain, however, just because his name is over the door.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #196
freedumbdclxvi
The court ordered a second eval - the first was conducted by the defense.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #197
rosebud945
Did the judge decide to have him moved to the mental facility because of that first eval or before it? I don't know how these things work.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:02 AM   #198
LauraB
Does it really matter at this point?
His progressive illness, decline, personal and professional problems have been played out for the past 5 years here!
Respect, people.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:36 AM   #199
SpidersOhMy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud945 View Post
Someone on another board suggested that he is mentally ill. I am not sure where or how to find that info.
What a wicked allegation. Classic Fauna BS.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #200
Xaila
It's not an allegation, it's a known fact that Ben Siegel himself and those close to him have admitted to many times.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!