High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 183 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:22 AM   #1821
Dr Owens
More pictures...

Old 03-22-2010, 03:24 AM   #1822
Dr Owens
Last set of pictures (for now)...

Old 03-22-2010, 03:41 AM   #1823
Jt80
Those pictures are nightmare inducing.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:58 AM   #1824
TailsWithScales
I would swear on my life and the life of my reptiles that I've seen David /Damon (or whichever name he's using) at the Sacramento Reptile Show several years ago (2003 - 2005). Maybe it was a look alike or eh has a familiar face?? But I'd swear I saw at least David. Didn't he live in CA for a while?????

I'm glad they were caught and those photos are seriously sickening and heart breaking. Time to further spread the word (again) that HEH /David and Tawni have been fully 100% exposed.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:12 AM   #1825
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsWithScales View Post
I would swear on my life and the life of my reptiles that I've seen David /Damon (or whichever name he's using) at the Sacramento Reptile Show several years ago (2003 - 2005). Maybe it was a look alike or eh has a familiar face?? But I'd swear I saw at least David. Didn't he live in CA for a while?????
You probably did see him. He used to live in San Bernardino before he moved to Louisiana and changed his name (again). He was going by the name Brian Smith and/or Damon Heynen at that time.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:14 AM   #1826
morph evolution
yeah..

he lived in el monte ca,and san bernadino ca.i knew him when he lived in san bernadino...and to tell you the truth the yard in sb didnt look any different.lots of junk and tanks in the yard really gross.thats where he kept all his amer.gators in the yard.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:24 AM   #1827
H. Joe Lewis
True facts about Louisiana rescue!

Note: Update and clarification of the rescue of Highend Herps confiscated animals by Louisiana Wildlife and Fishery agents.
This massive rescue was accomplished, co-Herpes by The Louisiana Association of Reptile Keepers, Inc. newly organized this year. Those Louisiana Joe and Joy Lewis, Pres and Sect/Treas of L.A.R.K., Inc, Colby and Todd Nelson, Marc Duhon, Chas Trisch and his wife. All in all, we took possession of 21 Burmese and reticulated pythons all over 12' that La W&F agents confiscated from the premises. They all seem to be in good health and presently housed with a large breeder-member of L.A.R.K. until we receive the final paperwork from authorities and can then relocate the animals. There are some really beautiful examples of these magnificent animals. Our only regret is that we had to leave the hundreds of pythons and boas that were under 12' (Louisiana law states all snakes over 12' must be registered, fee free with La W&F). We still can not believe that people could live in such filthy conditions, the snakes however were relatively well cared for, go figure. As to the rumors that they were feeding dogs and cats to the larger animals, the verdict is still out and rumors abound from those that chatter! Scat samplings were secured from the snake cages by the Allen Parish Sherrif's on scene.

Father updates and photographs of the rescue will be posted in the L.A.R.K., Inc. Father under News as we work together to improve attitudes and public awareness of the great Louisiana Reptile Community.

If you live in Louisiana and are interested in reptiles of any kind, please join our association. We can be contacted at: louisiana_ark@yahoo.com or we can be reached through Joe and Joy Lewis, Bayou Boas.com or by phone 225.278.0578 . Our next meeting is scheduled for Sunday, March 28th, Denham Springs, La. Our under construction website http://www.louisianaark.org/ "Together, we CAN make a difference!"

Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 AM   #1828
morph evolution
so he is going to be able to keep it up????thats just makes me sick!!!!

Old 03-22-2010, 05:36 AM   #1829
H. Joe Lewis
NO ANIMALS RESCUED are available until released!

Futher note: The confiscated animals are now the sole property of the Louisiana authorities, released to L.A.R.K., Inc. for proper keeping. Once L.A.R.K., Inc. has the proper release forms surrendering ownership to L.A.R.K., Inc. then and only then will L.A.R.K., Inc. officers determine where these animals will be rehomed. If anyone is seriously interested in any of the animals, please contact us: louisiana_ark@yahoo.com Remember, they can not be shipped as they are too large to risk the animals health in shipping.

L.A.R.K., Inc. has spent our association funds (over $400 total this far) in this rescue. If you wish to make a donation for the care of these animals until a determination is made as to what will become of them, please do so. Joy Lewis, BayouBoas is the Association secretary/treasurer. Make any donations payable to L.A.R.K., Inc. and contact us for the mailing address or we can accept PayPal.

Futher updates will be posted by L.A.R.K., Inc. regarding this issue. Rumors abound and it really is sad that so many people posting things they have no knowledge personally of can do nothing but hurt us all. His place is dismal and he is definately not one to be trusted but his snakes were not in as bad a shape as was originally thought. Upon inspection today, the ones rescued weren't found to have any mites which was very supprising.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 AM   #1830
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Joe Lewis View Post
Futher note: The confiscated animals are now the sole property of the Louisiana authorities, released to L.A.R.K., Inc. for proper keeping. Once L.A.R.K., Inc. has the proper release forms surrendering ownership to L.A.R.K., Inc. then and only then will L.A.R.K., Inc. officers determine where these animals will be rehomed. If anyone is seriously interested in any of the animals, please contact us: louisiana_ark@yahoo.com Remember, they can not be shipped as they are too large to risk the animals health in shipping.

L.A.R.K., Inc. has spent our association funds (over $400 total this far) in this rescue. If you wish to make a donation for the care of these animals until a determination is made as to what will become of them, please do so. Joy Lewis, BayouBoas is the Association secretary/treasurer. Make any donations payable to L.A.R.K., Inc. and contact us for the mailing address or we can accept PayPal.

Futher updates will be posted by L.A.R.K., Inc. regarding this issue. Rumors abound and it really is sad that so many people posting things they have no knowledge personally of can do nothing but hurt us all. His place is dismal and he is definately not one to be trusted but his snakes were not in as bad a shape as was originally thought. Upon inspection today, the ones rescued weren't found to have any mites which was very supprising.

Thanks for the clarifications.

With the conditions these animals were found in, one can only wonder what is really going on with them if they aren't there in the first place, and this is a pretty huge take-down and it is going to be speculated upon. I'm interested to see what those fecal results come back as, though.

I have been one of the people reposting this and I've only been reposting what has been already been posted, the news articles, the updates here, and finally, your statements, which I will cross post from here on out because you know what is actually going on. Like said, people will speculate upon seeing the footage and news footage, and those are VERY public.

This is a huge blow to the community and the animals and we're all concerned.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart