High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 196 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #1951
Hybridbird
Thumbs up

They brought down quite a few using that method, I can't imagine which "mafia guy" you are talking about??

Anyway, those we're all (and some continue to be) big fish for purposes of frying.I don't know how much interest they would have in pursuing someone from whom they will obviously never make any real recovery.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #1952
lanceheads
Didn't know Capone was a Mafia member. Who was his Boss?

Old 04-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #1953
Hybridbird
Actually Capone was a Boss in the mafia more so than just a member.His original boss, in the early New York days,was Johnny Torrio. When "La Familia" decided to expand there efforts,Johnny made the move to Chicago and AL followed him to run the prostitution side of the biz. Once Johnny "decided" to retire, that's when Al took over the show. The term "mafia" actually came to be part of common language in the US during Capone's era.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #1954
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamgirl99471 View Post
True because he doesn't have people write their checks or Money Orders to High End Herps.. they are written to his wife/gf... wonder what his paypal is under if he has one!
As last I knew he doesn't have PayPal and flat out refused to use it. Postal money order or regular money order only.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:39 PM   #1955
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman466 View Post
The reason I was posting for him is David's been banned from here.An can't post anything anymore.
Which is something that I meant to address in my earlier reply.

It is not okay to post for him. He was banned for cause, and posting on his behalf is essentially circumvention of that ban.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:45 PM   #1956
MEIER21288
I was just looking back at a few of the first pages in this thred, and something else kept striking me. Not sure if this has been brougt up or not, but notice how Brian and Daymon are the only two that refer to them as "Green patternless african rocks" all the other breeders refer to them as simply "pattenless african rocks"

Old 04-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #1957
Dr Owens
Humane Society gets 16 dogs, 5 cats after snake farm bust

By Billie Jo Rassat

These dogs were among the 16 rescued from the High End Herps Snake Farm in Oakdale, La. and taken to the Humane Society.

By Billie Jo Rassat
Beauregard Daily News
Mon Apr 05, 2010, 12:00 PM CDT
Print This | ShareThis

Rosepine, La. - ROSEPINE—The Humane Society of West Louisiana took in sixteen dogs and five cats after Oakdale snake farm High End Herps was raided by police.
The Allen Parish Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant at the home of 43-year-old David Beauchemin and 23-year-old Tawni Beauchemin on March 19.
The search warrant was issued after the sheriff’s office received a public complaint alleging the Beauchemin’s were illegally selling animals on the Internet.
Lidnsey Rainer made the public complaint.
Rainer rescued a Blue Doberman and put it on Craigslist so it would get adopted. A woman named ‘Jenny’ contacted her through e-mail stating that she wanted to surprise her husband with a Blue Doberman, according to Rainer.
Jenny turned out to be Tawni Beauchemin from High End Herps.
After giving the dog to ‘Jenny’, three days later Rainer saw the dog up for sale on Craigslist from ‘Happy Hound Rescue’, said Rainer.
Very suspicious, Rainer made the complaint to police on Thursday, March 18.
By Friday Rainer had her dog back.
“I am glad I got my dog back and got the other animals out of there and it all turned out in the end,” said Rainer.
While transporting the animals from Oakdale to the Humane Society in Rosepine, La. one dog died due to malnutrition.
One feline from the group of animals was euthanized due to extreme pneumonia developed by dehydration and poor living conditions according to Rita Bingham, Humane Society of West Louisiana Director.
“I had good people come forward and help me. On Saturday night, in the pouring rain that Deputy stood there and unloaded all of those animals, waited until we dried them, waited until we had them put up and fed them. He didn’t leave until everything was done. I have nothing but the up most respect for that man. They could not have been more corporative in rescuing those animals,” said Bingham.
Wildlife agents cited the Beauchemin’s with 22 counts of illegally possessing pythons over 12 feet in length without the required permit.
Deputies also cited David Beauchemin with obstruction of justice after he allegedly tried to stop the search warrant from being executed.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #1958
lamom
reply to all posts

To set the record strait, we were the ones who enacted the arrest/search warrant, because of them getting our Doberman under false pretences. The article posted above is accurate. After 4 days of giving the doby to them they posted him on craigslist for sale for the amount of $300 using the same pictures that we emailed them. As David states in his email to another member here, he was not directly involved with the phone conversations per say, but we don’t know who was behind the emails in which we used as proof to the Allen parish Sheriffs dept. We never intended to have them arrested, we asked for the dog back numerous times and after posting on craigslist to stop them from selling the dog to others we began receiving emails that they were the same people running “Happy Hounds Rescue” which turned out to be a fake animal rescue, (which the website has been taken down as of right now thanks to a response from our emails to web domain holder) the phone number on the website matched the number we had for this couple therefore we knew it was the same people. A couple emails later we learned from another source that this couple owned “High End Herps” snake farm which we too verified. After that it didn’t take much to figure out that they very well might be feeding dogs and cats to the snakes. With this in mind my wife was determined to get the doby back. So she set out on a campaign to anyone who would listen, newspaper, news, radio and also the Sheriffs’ dept.
When we were asked if the dog was obtained using false information we said yes and proved it with printed emails from Tawani, although we knew her as Jenny at the time. So they seem to both love using fake names for a reason.
Once the search warrant was issued we were called in to come get the doby and were able to view the property just hours after they raided it. So For Mr. David “what’s his name” to say that the police messed up the property is ludicrous. Animals that were found on the property were in cages way too small for the cats and dogs. Including our own doby who was in cage so small he could not even stand up. We saw this property first hand and the deploring conditions in which they and the animals lived. No running water in pipes, water hoses were used instead, no working toilets or showers on the property. When deputies asked where they used the bathroom or bathed they replied “ anywhere we can” Bones and skulls of animals laid all over the property, leading us to believe they fed the snakes whatever the snakes could swallow. When asked what they feed the snakes he replied “ rabbits” although no rabbits were found just frozen Guinea pigs in the freezer.
All the cats that were seized, were pregnant. Leading us to believe once again the kittens would be used for food. One of the dogs perished on the way to the humane society, and another had to be put down due to malnutrition and lack of care of both. Once in the police noticed the size of several of the snakes which lead them to call wildlife and fisheries for lack of permits on snakes over 12 ft. in which they were charged.
The ammonia smell on the property was very overwhelming, this is first hand account, by us. So don’t let Mr. and Mrs what there name is, fool you. His bail was delayed because he gave false names to the sheriffs dept. Which come to find out he was wanted in Arizona, which you all seem to already know, but they don’t want him for such minor charges. So I do believe his blow out sell is for either leaving Louisiana, Or paying the forthcoming fines ahead. Anyway we now are determined to stop these liars, and scammers, although we didn t know what we getting into at the time we did ask for the dog back several times and they refused. If you go to http://www.villeplattetoday.com/cont...ng-many-others

There you will see pictures as wildlife and fisheries were helping with the removal of the non permited snakes. Everything I am saying can be verified by By Detective Ben Perkins of the Allen parish sheriffs dept. and or the Human society of West Louisiana.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #1959
lamom
also to Mr. Beachumin claims he didnt try to stop the search warrant were false becasue as police pulled up he kept telling them to leave his property and closing the door on the police as they were trying to talk to them. By not cooperating the police thought they might have something to hide, and yes probably feared for their saftey. giving way to a more forcfull entry and not so nice demeanor by the police because of his attitude and non cooperative nature. not to mentiont the false name he and his wife gave them.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #1960
chamgirl99471
Thank You so much for taking time out of your schedule to let us know all the facts!! I just hope that this stops and I feel so sorry for the snakes that were left behind because I'm sure they don't have any food for them anymore!! It's a sad day in the Animal Kingdom when people like this get away with stuff but at least in this case they were found out!! Glad you got your Dog back... Blue Dobies are AWESOME!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart