Bad Guy Jeff Benfer (Gartersnakemorph.com) Buyer Beware - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #1
TOMMYTRADIX
Exclamation Jeff Benfer (Gartersnakemorph.com) Buyer Beware

I'm posting this as a buyer beware only and do not expect anything from Jeff. This is only to share my experience i had with him.

On 8-9-2015 Jeff posted up ads of a few adult garters for sale, one of which was a adult female blue axanthic plains garter (thamnophis radix) for $300. I was looking for a baby or adult blue axanthic to replace one that had passed away from impaction. Unfertilized eggs attached to her walls while she was gravid and she wasn't able to pass them. Jeff was aware of my intentions of breeding her and i told him my brumation date i had set and asked if she would be ready to breed in prior messages. we agreed on a ship date and he sent me tracking. She arrived and i checked her out and noticed she was very thin and her spine was showing. I palpated her as i do with all new adults. I felt 12+ slugs in her and immediately contacted him. She arrived around 10:45-11am and i contacted him at 11:15am.Llong story short, he fought with me and accused me of having mites, told me refunds and returns are non existent in the hobby and said "this isn't Wal-mart". He then told me i had a lot of growing up to do and after he refunds me my money he better not hear a peep out of me ever again. He claimed to not know she had slugs in her and stated she was eating pretty regularly all spring. Then when she wouldn't eat for me he said he has garters go on and off food all the time and she wasn't going to die.
Proceed with caution when buying an adult from him. I didn't realize it then but that female hasn't produced a litter in some time and is 6 years old now.none of which was stated in the ad. He claimed she was a rare offering and only parting with her to focus on other projects. Which was a lie.

Whatever i forgot are in the screenshots in the comments.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #2
TOMMYTRADIX
adult female blue axanthic
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
TOMMYTRADIX
sxdcreen
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 11:32 AM   #4
TOMMYTRADIX
sxdcreensxh
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 11:33 AM   #5
TOMMYTRADIX
sdcreensho
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #6
TOMMYTRADIX
bl.ue
azsx
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 11:35 AM   #7
TOMMYTRADIX
azsxaznthisx
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 11:36 AM   #8
TOMMYTRADIX
bl.uazsxazn
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 11:37 AM   #9
TOMMYTRADIX
azsxaznthisx
bl.ue
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 11:38 AM   #10
TOMMYTRADIX
bl.ue
azsxaznthidcazdc
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!