Info repozinlasterp@gmail.com 'scrapmetal' aka Fred Wilson - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #31
nianubisn
Trying to scam me as well. Just called the bank, check is fake.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:32 PM   #32
gangemiwsenior
You would think they could ban him from website

Old 05-19-2017, 05:52 PM   #33
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangemiwsenior View Post
Banning is only done if the person does not follow the site rules. Warning people is why the BOI exists.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #34
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangemiwsenior View Post
pssst...all known accounts were already banned, but thanks for the suggestion.

The problem continues, in part, because members repeatedly put their emails/phone numbers in their ads for the whole world to see. So... guess what happens? It works! The whole world does see it, including this particular scammer. If people would start using Fauna's Private Message system, about half of this garbage would be cut out.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #35
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
pssst...all known accounts were already banned, but thanks for the suggestion.

The problem continues, in part, because members repeatedly put their emails/phone numbers in their ads for the whole world to see. So... guess what happens? It works! The whole world does see it, including this particular scammer. If people would start using Fauna's Private Message system, about half of this garbage would be cut out.

Exactly Robert

Our esteemed mr H Moore himself advised me long ago to just lock all my for sale posts so anybody seriously interested HAS to use the private message system to get my attention and I can weigh them up from there.
I would not be including my tel number or an email in any for sale ads even though I have nothing to hide but potentially a lot to lose!

Old 05-19-2017, 08:27 PM   #36
nickolasanastasiou
This guy / these types tend to aim for low-hanging fruit, too. If things can be copied and pasted versus having some conversion from alphabetical to numerical characters (as one example), they go for them. It is less efficient for them to put more work into the process (not that they will never do so, but that is de-emphasized in priority assignment). Their messages are typically copied and pasted from form text as well. Besides not including some types of information, at least make it "work" for parties to use that information if you feel you must include it. These guys tend to throw the same model of lure out in large volumes. Tailoring different lures for different fish is not their norm.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!