cb Eastern box turtles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 04-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #1
patsturtles14
cb Eastern box turtles

I have many captive bred Eastern boxies I have many males and females different sizes and colors. I have proven breeders.They are all very healthy I am only selling because I have to move and I wont be able to care for them properly. Please serious buyers only local pick up available or overnight shipping asking 65.00 per females 60.00 per male. Note: please be aware of all your state regulations Or possible trades for other turtles or caimen

please email patsturtles14@gmail.com
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 05-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #2
ronald helwig
THESE ARE ILLEGAL TO SELL OR KEEP IN OHIO> YOU HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO THE STATE DEPT OF NATURAL RESOURCES> THEY WILL BE IN TOUCH SOON>

Old 05-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #3
dhorton
If he has permission from the Ohio Division of Natural Respources to 1: Keep and 2:Sell (Propogation permit from ODNR) then he is OK. I don't know his situation but it is legal to keep Easterns if one has received the proper permits from the state of Ohio and can prove (out of state sells receipt) that the turtles were not poached and are tagged. He definitly need to be compliant with the Division of Natural Resources though.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
Turtle pepper
i'm not debating whether or not these are cb, i bought them because i believed they were, but i have no clue. i ordered three of them when he first put them up about a month ago because i lost 2 of my females in winter hibernation. They didn't look wc...they ate relatively quickly, don't have any shell damage, and didn't seem to be as afraid of being handled as most wc box turtles. but i ordered 1 male and 2 females. when they arrived it was 3 males, and he shipped two day instead of the overnight i paid for. He now ignores every text/email i send him. I'd say buy at your own risk. but...I did not have a positive experience.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #5
turtleguy
I for one don't like buying from those who cannot at least take proper pictures of the animals they want to sell.Just saying.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:07 AM   #6
justatwinturbo
Those are definitely not cb animals.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:41 AM   #7
boxspottedturtle
I agree, Ronnie. Wc look, wc price. Not sure any permit allows collection of wild caught specimens and resell. Buyer beware.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
RM81
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxspottedturtle View Post
I agree, Ronnie. Wc look, wc price. Not sure any permit allows collection of wild caught specimens and resell. Buyer beware.
Ohio allows you to collect only the following native species,
Eastern Musk Turtle (Sternotherus odoratus)
Midland Painted Turtle (Chrysemys picta marginata)
Northern Map Turtle (Graptemys geographica)
Red-eared Slider (Trachemys scripta elegans)

but NONE of these are allowed to be resold regardless of permit and PIT tagging. You can keep up to four WC of each species and sell their offspring as CB with the commercial propagating license. The actual WC specimens may not be sold, traded, gifted, etc. Even with the propagating license, you have to PIT tag CB animals before the sale, trade, gifting.

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/licenses...-permits#tabr3

EBT's are a species of concern in Ohio and cannot be collected from the wild. The only species you can harvest with a fishing license are snappers and softshells.

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/fishing/...al-information

The protected species in Ohio are EBT's, Blandings, Spotted, Wood, and Ouachita Map.

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/species-...index/reptiles

Buyer beware for sure.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #9
craig268
These are the same photos he's been posting for weeks. Department of Natural Resources has been notified. Keep in mind this could be a sting operation. If if sounds too good, it probably is. This is one deal to run from.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #10
tozerrick
I messaged him. His reply to me is that they are al 100% legal. He says he has all documentation to prove. His emails are very short and to the point. I think I am skipping this for now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!