NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #121
JuliusSqueezer
I apparetly have some bad feedback too lol. I'd go read it if I cared. I'll wear it like a badge. Keep em coming! It fits nicely with my warning points that I earned from not bowing down and actually having the gall to question the ethics of "respected breeders"

Old 07-09-2005, 07:08 PM   #122
Karen Hulvey
I can't believe this thread. Why is the thread starter made out to be the bad guy here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
That is until a previously docile (I hate to use the word "tame" to describe a wild animal) 5 foot carpet python decided to wrap his neck. He was unable to remove the snake before he started to "see stars"
How in the he!! can you compare a carpet python to a venomous animal? If a man can't remove a 5' carpet from his neck, then he must be a dwarf or missing an arm among other things.

I can name a lot of species of snakes that have been documented to kill humans and a carpet python is certainly not on that list.

Knock, Knock for those of you who refuse to see what is clearly pictured:
They FREE HANDLED HOTS a few feet from a ton of people, even letting kids touch them and all you people can do is harp on a 16 y/o reposting the pics from their website. If they posted it on the WWW, then it's fair game.

C'mon guys, you can't have it both ways. Either you condone it or you don't. Get off the fence and form a real opinion.

Oh yeah, those were voids. I bet every single one of you would trust yourself or your child's life with that knowledge. Oh yeah, I forgot someone said "you won't die from a venomous snake bite", but I bet you would wish you were dead. Not to mention all the negative media attention it would garner. I wonder how long a gaboon viper or a cobra's fangs are? Hmmmm I bet a scrub python packs more of a wallop, yeah right.

Why is it when "Joe Blow" posts "Rattlesnakes Make Great Bracelets" with a picture of him freehandling a rattlesnake, people flip and condemn him. But when a big-time breeder (FYI: The dude with the long hair holding most of the snakes is Kevin) posts pictures of himself FREE HANDLING HOT SNAKESwithin feet of children, and no one flinches?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...light=bracelet
This is the thread where 18 people thought that someone freehandling hots is a "freehandling f-tard". So which is it? Is Kevin a "freehandling F-tard" or not?

Heck some of those same people who reamed the other freehandling idiot are now condoning the freehandling of hots right here. And furthermore what was done at NERD's shop by the owner of NERD is worse than someone home alone holding their rattlesnake. These people made it look like it's okay to take your cobra out and play with it.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:10 PM   #123
crazycorn
Quote:
without knowing what the pictures were
I knew right away what they were and had no doubt in my mind, at first I was speachless becausE I had the UPMOST respect for NERD but it was very obvious in the photos that they were legit, seeing a piece on the store settled that in my mind.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:11 PM   #124
Gary O
Karen Hulvey

Thank You!

Old 07-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #125
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Dragons
Still have yet to see anyone saying they support what was going on in the pictures. Let's keep rolling on in the thread shall we?
WHERE DID ANYONE SAY IT WAS ACCEPTABLE????
WHERE DID ANYONE SAY THEY WERE "FREEHANDLING F-TARDS?" If it were anyone but NERD, you people would be all over it like flies on poo.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:13 PM   #126
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusSqueezer
I appologize for not responding to this several pages back when it was posted. I was busy elsewhere and got behind. I am aware of how little it takes to cut off carotid bloodflow. I'm also aware of how little effort it takes for a below average strength human being to simply reach back and unwind a 5 foot carpet python.
In the case of carotid sinus hypersensitivity syncope can occur in seconds, long before you have a chance to respond.

Look at this for a pretty impressive report http://www.users.interport.net/w/s/w...ges/ep/csm.htm. More info at http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic299.htm. Suffice it to say that even minor carotid pressure can result in loss of consciousness in susceptible individuals. Once unconscious, it is a bit difficult to remove a snake from a neck. If the snake were so inclined, it could maintain pressure and the result would be death.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:18 PM   #127
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
Heck some of those same people who reamed the other freehandling idiot are now condoning the freehandling of hots right here. And furthermore what was done at NERD's shop by the owner of NERD is worse than someone home alone holding their rattlesnake. These people made it look like it's okay to take your cobra out and play with it.
Karen, show me where anyone condoned what the pictures show? One quote, please, where it says anything to the effect that "this was OK".

Old 07-09-2005, 07:18 PM   #128
crazycorn
I am sorry Jim O, I don't see it being any bit common, I have had plenty of snake wrap around my neck some of those were a 7ft Guyana red tail, 6ft Red tailed ratsnake, and a few others. If you can't get a 5ft carpet off you neck stay outta snakes. Karen you hit this so HARD on the nail its not even funny.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:19 PM   #129
JuliusSqueezer
Hey Dr Jim. You are preaching to the choir. My dad has that problem. He has had his carotid arteries worked on several times. He doesn't keep snakes. If he did, I would advise him not to put a 5 foot carpet python around his neck. Like I said, if you can't get a 5 foot carpet python off you, you have no buisness keeping reptiles or at least not putting them around your neck...but these rare cases certainly don't reflect on everyone who has snakes.

Old 07-09-2005, 07:23 PM   #130
Rockford
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliusSqueezer
Hey Dr Jim. You are preaching to the choir. My dad has that problem. He has had his carotid arteries worked on several times. He doesn't keep snakes. If he did, I would advise him not to put a 5 foot carpet python around his neck. Like I said, if you can't get a 5 foot carpet python off you, you have no buisness keeping reptiles or at least not putting them around your neck...but these rare cases certainly don't reflect on everyone who has snakes.
Great point that Jim doesn't seem to get.

bthacker

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread