Community skink tank - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
ayeejustin01
Community skink tank

I currently have a empty 55 gallon tank that is just collecting dust. I want to do something different with it though. I want maybe a large community of one small skink species like five-lined skink or a blue tail skink. If i was to do that I would probably have only like 2 males and like 5 females. I've been looking for someone who sells them but it's been kind of hard finding someone. I wouldn't mind field collected ones or captive bred. I'm planning on putting chemical and pesticide free potting soil and adding a lot of plants and make their tank as natural as possible. Im open to any other suggestions of reptile species that would be better suited for this project and your ideas. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 11-01-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
elena
Long-tailed grass skinks are a good option. They are inexpensive, commonly available, and very active and fun to observe. Sometimes they can even learn to hand feed. Ypu would definitely see them a lot more than the species mentioned. Only thing is, they have a cool shape but are not very colorful.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
ayeejustin01
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
Long-tailed grass skinks are a good option. They are inexpensive, commonly available, and very active and fun to observe. Sometimes they can even learn to hand feed. Ypu would definitely see them a lot more than the species mentioned. Only thing is, they have a cool shape but are not very colorful.

Thanks for the info. I've been doing a little research on them since you mentioned them and they look like a good pick for what I'm looking for. You know anyone who is selling them currently ? I'm still open to other options still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 12-06-2016, 01:04 AM   #4
JButera
How about Italian wall lizards? Vinny Ritchie in NYC sells them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!