Bad Guy Scammed by Andrew Michael Popp Las Vegas, NV - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
calebroad
Scammed by Andrew Michael Popp Las Vegas, NV

On December 23, 2016. I began to text Andrew Popp, of Las Vegas, Nevada. In regards to three adult albino het caramel/snow. Andrew Popp initially told me he had already traded these turtles for expensive boas and that was then end of our conversation.

On December 27 , 2016 Andrew Popp contacted me back, saying the boa he traded for had arrived dead, and that the other buyer was becoming squarely. At that point Andrew and myself spoke on the phone, he explained he is works at Scales N Tail on Charleston and Rainbow Las Vegas NV 89117. Andrew said the turtles were from his store scales N Tails and are large adult breeders, Andrew Popp said that even though his add said 6 inches, 7.5 inches, and 8 inches, he said they are actually much bigger - the are heavy breeders, Andrew said.

Andrew Popp and myself talked for an extended period of time about the shady reptile industry, and how can we be protected from fraud, he said he was aware of all the scamming and everyone should put a stop to it. - He also promised my complete satisfaction, and I found a reference also.

Mitch Cowell kindly helped me look in to the matter, after I requested his help. We drew up a contract, and went to great lengths to protect my purchase. The asking price was $6500.00, I paid $6,000 in cash to his wells fargo account.

I felt comfortable, and there is no way, this guy will rip me off, right? He signed a contract, and his employer was involved, he even texted hid drivers license. In other words, he would be easy to find.

Okay, so I asked him to wait to ship, because Georgia was experiencing bad weather. he shipped them to me, I immediately opened the box, and was completely shocked to find these three little albinos....one measures under five inches, one measures just under six inches, and one measures right at six inches.

I immediately contacted Andrew, his m/o is to stall stall stall. He makes huge gaps in between contacts, and he calls days apart. Anyway, these little guys are nowhere near breeding size, they are little yearlings, maybe two at best.

So then, we started looking harder, and by some miracle, I came across an old ad online, where Andrew Popp tried to sell these same turtles back in July for $2,000 as not het snow or caramel.

When I confronted Andrew Popp, he denied they were the same turtles, and stuck to his story. He said he was sorry about the size, but they were hets. I asked for proof, and he refused.

In the following days, things began to fall apart, when another reptile keeper informed me, those turtles are regular albino res. Also, I contacted his work, Scales N Tails, and they said the turtles were given to Jimmy, by a customer, then Andrew Popp aquired them, they said this was not okay, and the Andrew Popp will have to make this right. Scales N Tails said since their name was used for legitimacy, they would become involved.

They did get involved, and finally on Monday January 16, 2017. Andrew Popp called me and stated he had talked with his employer and his family. And that he was in terrible need of money, and thats why he scammed me. He said please forgive and let him refund the money.

I agreed that if he refund the money now, I can return the turtles, no harm/no foul. I offered to not be a jerk about this, but he needs to refund the money.

Andrew Popp agreed unconditionally to refund, and agreed this was a scam, and bad judgement.

Okay, so now where is the money? He uses delay tactics, I have asked him nicely to send me a repay agreement, He keeps asking stupid questions, like do you have a screenshot of my original ad? - basically trying to figure out what evidence I really have.

Truth be told, I have ALL the evidence, I am going to post it all here, for everyone to see. Andrew Popps boss said he is a good guy, and he would vouch for him everyday, but he said he simply has no idea what got in to Andrew and why he thought he could get away with this, Andrew Popp boss almost gagged when I told him I had paid Andrew Popp $6,000 in cash.

We corresponded yesterday, Andrew Popp kept beating around the bust, and asking stupid questions, causing me frustration, and now he has gone completely silent - I will post the text messages, I am pursuing him vigorously, especially since I can prove what he did 100%

Old 01-18-2017, 02:00 PM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
You need to name any parties to whom you have attributed words. Another reptile keeper and whomever else (representing the business) you may have had communications with outlined by you above. This is to avoid those portions from your post from continuing to exist as anonymous third-party quotations.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:23 PM   #3
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
You need to name any parties to whom you have attributed words. Another reptile keeper and whomever else (representing the business) you may have had communications with outlined by you above. This is to avoid those portions from your post from continuing to exist as anonymous third-party quotations.
Adam is the district manager who stated that Scales N Tails will require their employee, Andrew Popp to undo the scam. Jimmy is the owner, who stated he originally aquired the turtles, and nobody ever mentioned het for caramel or snow to him.

I requested Mike Fedzen, Mitch Cowells, and Clive Longdon to please take a look at the pictures of the turtles Andrew had posted in July. All three felt confident they were the same, Mitch confirmed one was 100%.

With this evidence, I confronted Andrew Popp, who admitted, yes they were the same, and he not only lied about them not being the same, but that he also lied about them being sold back in July.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Adam who (surname)? Jimmy who (surname)? Who (specifically) was the person referenced as "another reptile keeper" above? Not trying to give you a hard time or anything. Only trying to get this fully on track to avoid an infraction type of situation. Once these are answered with attribution, that should take care of the quotations of concern made so far.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:46 PM   #5
calebroad
Quote:
Adam who (surname)? Jimmy who (surname)? Who (specifically) was the person referenced as "another reptile keeper" above? Not trying to give you a hard time or anything. Only trying to get this fully on track to avoid an infraction type of situation. Once these are answered with attribution, that should take care of the quotations of concern made so far.

I will call Scales N Tails and request last names - also please allow 24 hours for my screenshots of texts to be posted

Old 01-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #6
nickolasanastasiou
That will work. Thanks.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #7
calebroad
Quote:
That will work. Thanks.

Nick - the other reptile keeper, I was referring to Clive Longdon, although he verified he did not sell these 3, he has no dog in this fight and quite frankly may chew me out for using his name. But the truth is Andrew Popp posted these 3 on fauna in July, and could not sell. Then Andrew Popp got hard up for cash, and decided to add genetics tripling the value, but also inflated the size immensely.

Andrew Popp and Scales N Tails both have good references. But this is a cold calculated scam - now admitted by both Andrew Popp and Scales N Tails. The names that I listed on this post in the industry have no involvement, they were simply kind enough to take their time helping me find the facts out.

I appreciate their efforts in weeding out blatant fraud, and since I now have two brazin confessed scams. I am weighing my options on how to best pursue. But no action is not an option.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #8
calebroad
Quote:
That will work. Thanks.

Please see the attached picture of my flight itinerary that I have bought and paid for, I am flying to Vegas on Tuesday, where I will visit the pet store in person, I will fill out the civil papers against Scales N tails, and Andrew Popp.

Then at 10:30 (vegas time) I am able to meet with Judge Dorsey, I am going to ask her to issue warrants for Andrew Popps arrest, since I have overwhelming information.

Then, I am flying back to Atlanta and taking a connecting flight to Miami-Dade county, and renting a car. I will go to Miami Dade court, where I will do the same thing in regards to the last scam. - I have already spoken to a detective at length about this situation, and have been assured it would be handled if I show in person.

In the past, speaking of court and jail has caused me great criticism on the BOI. However, I am now scammed out of over $10,000.00 and the gloves are coming off.

With the itineraries paid for, it should prove that i am not blowing smoke. Even if these guys are not put in prison where they belong, they can fight a brutal legal battle with me, that may keep them from scamming another reptile enthusiast in the future. - only thing i know to do, to stop the brutal scams.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #9
calebroad
Paid for Itenerary for Las Vegas Andrew Popp Scales N Tails

This is the paid for tickets flying to Vegas, chasing down a dirty rotten thief.
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2017, 06:13 PM   #10
lillyorchid
Best of luck getting your money back!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!