any difficulty switching from crickets to roaches? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-26-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
techgirl
Question any difficulty switching from crickets to roaches?

i'm trying to get my guys off crickets because the smell bothers me and i hate hearing the chirping at night. so i got 50 discoids today. i know a small batch but there a few in there that look like they are way too big for the trio to eat. is there a problem switching them from crickets to roaches? i also feed mealworms. i put them in a glass small bowl so they're not running everywhere. thanks for your input. how much should i feed each? thanks again.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
hill4803
There shouldn't be any problem, sometimes they may not eat them the 1st time or two, but they will eat them & love them!

Old 01-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
perefalcon
hey does anyone in michigan near saginaw or bay city have any roaches I can buy?

Old 01-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
techgirl
ok stupid question, how much do you need to feed them. i put 10 in one night and they were all gone. tonight i put in 15 and will check in the morning to see how many is left. i have the trio together so i don't know if i'm putting too much or not enough. i will be getting the 30 gallon breeder tank ready for the girls tomorrow. how much should each individual get? i have varying sizes of roaches 1/4"-1/2" size in there. thanks for the input.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:35 PM   #5
Xelda
I only feed 2-3 bigger roaches at a time instead of a bunch of tiny nymphs. I also hand feed them individually, which makes it easy for me to make sure each leo gets his or her share.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:23 AM   #6
techgirl
i decided to upgrade my roaches' abode. went out and got them a duralite rubbermaid container and a little uth heater for a 10-20 gallon size deal. i got the cricket quencher with calcium for them to take in as water and the esu gutload. is there anything else i can feed them? i can't really tell if they are eating the gutload. is dog food ok? i do give carrots as well. thanks for the input.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!