Sorta New - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
Sirika1982
Sorta New

Hi. My name is Jen and I am newish to fauna. I have been shopping around on here for a couple of months for some new snakes and decided to introduce myself. I have a husband, Josh, of 8 years. We have 3 kids, Simon-6, Riley-5, and Katie Beth-4. We also have snakes. We have 2 adult columbian redtail boas, Angela and Booth, both about 7 feet long. We also have a pair of 08 100%het albino columbian redtails, Maya and Zachary (my daughter named these), who are THRIVING! They had a lot of issues feeding and were full of mites when we got them in April, but they are great now. I also have Kyra, my first ball python. She was rescued from a home that didn't feed her regularly or handle her, and she was in rough shape when I got her. She is blind from someone tearing her eyecaps off with tape. She is amazing and healthy now, and I am considering breeding her next season. She was a proven breeder, but has been given a couple of years off to become healthy again. She has an awesome yellow color (high gold?). She is about 8 years old and weighed about 3000 grams at her last vet check. I also have a 3 year old male ball, Tank, who has an awesome reduced pattern. He is bigger than Kyra, but I haven't weighed him. The next ball is Shrek, my possible burgundy male. I got him as a female off of craigslist, but that night had her sexed, and behold, she was definately a he. The probe went down, like, 10 scales. My juvi normal ball is Zee. It is a late 07, and as of now is unsexed. My local reptile geek can't sex it yet, as his probes are too big. We think it is a male, though. Finally, I have two newly hatched babies. They hatched on June 17, and are GORGEOUS! The breeder says they are pastel, but I don't think so. I got them in trade for another large boa I had but could not handle, as she was 9 feet and about 50 pounds. These babies are very orange near their bellies, and have a very yellow pattern everywhere else. Well, that is my family. I am learning a lot, and if anyone has advice for me, I welcome it. I am really into the ball morphs. If I say or do something that is stupid or wrong, don't be afraid to call me out on it. I am learning still! Thanks, everyone!

Old 06-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
Tim Cole
Jen,
Welcome to Fauna. I liked your informative intro. Sounds like you are doing everything right and probably better than most. You will make some good friends on this forum so just ignore the occasional troll! LOL

Old 06-29-2008, 03:44 AM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Welcome!

Old 09-09-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Sirika1982
It saddens me to say that we lost one of the babies this week. It never grew and started regurging every meal. The other is doing well but still will not eat on its own. We force a pink rat each week. In other news, Zee is a girl, and we added Bo, a neat rainbow boa to our family. I want to start a reptile rescue, as I do not know of one in this area. I have also acquires 2 iguana babies, a veiled chameleon, and some bearded dragons from Caliente Dragons. Our reptile family is growing!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!