Bad Guy Exotic Serpents/Dave Chan - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2016, 11:05 AM   #1
Anonymous
Exotic Serpents/Dave Chan

I used to respect this guy and he tutored me when I first got into breeding.

His tutoring almost led me to bankruptcy as he told me to "only sell this snake for the price I tell you", and would then sell an almost identical snake for a third of what I had to sell it for, while the person next to me would sell it for even less.

That is not what my complaint is about. I knew his reputation but thought I was smart enough to get around it.

It has come to my attention that Dave Chan has started contacting vendors in BC with the soul aim to get them to boycott the BCRC shows and attend his own shows.

He is deliberately trying to badmouth the BC Reptile Club and turn people against them by spreading lies about fighting within the board and accusing them of destroying the reptile community in BC.

The board of directors at the BC Reptile Club are volunteers trying to educate the public and government.

The president and secretary/treasurer recently stepped down making the show they put on in September was done by people with not a lot of experience in hosting shows.

He is claiming that this was because of fighting within the board of directors. The vice president stepped up to president and is the husband of the former secretary/treasurer. I highly doubt he would have stepped up if members of the board forced his wife to quit.

I can only assume that the stress of coping with people like Dave Chan trying to destroy the club and the community is the reason they walked away.

Dave Chan is the only person trying to destroy the reptile community in BC and he is doing it to make a profit, and will destroy a non-profit to do so.

I beg everyone in BC to stand by the BC Reptile Club and allow them to continue doing there shows, there way.

If Dave Chan fails to make a profit from these shows they will disappear after one or two shows and then we will have nothing in BC.

This will not effect Dave Chan as he will continue to make money from breeding and attending shows outside of BC. This will effect small breeders in the BC community and leave them with nowhere to go.