Southern paint Poss hets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 04:14 PM   #1
mcColey
Southern paint Poss hets

I have 2 yearling southern paint turtles from a single clutch of eggs I produced last year from my het to het pairing adults. I hatched these two poss. Het with one visual albino. $1800 each albinoreptiles@hotmail.com
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 02-14-2018, 01:50 PM   #2
Bay Area Chelonia
$1800 for POSSIBLE hets? so they could just be normal southern painteds?

Old 02-14-2018, 01:56 PM   #3
mcColey
Yes. They could be normal hets. %25 chance of albino hets.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #4
Bay Area Chelonia
got it, thanks. just FYI, "normal hets" are just "normal," not hets. Hets means they are heterozygous and carry the albino gene.

In this case there is a 75% chance someone would be paying $1800 for a normal southern painted, which seems a bit steep. Firm on price?

Old 02-14-2018, 02:47 PM   #5
mcColey
Yes. My error. The chance is %75 Normals and %25 hets. If paired with a Visual male it will be a %25 chance per egg of getting albino. With having 2 possible het females it will double chances
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #6
Bay Area Chelonia
If paired with a visual (albino) male there is a 6.25% of getting an albino per egg.

Because there is a 25% chance these are hets x 25% chance of albino per egg for a het = 6.25%

That is why i'm curious if you'd lower your price.... just sayin!

Old 02-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #7
mcColey
Lowered $1500 each.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-14-2018, 08:39 PM   #8
wyblep
Actually you guys are all wrong. If I am reading the original post correct these two animals were produced from a het x het breeding which would make these animals 66%possible hets. When you have a het x het breeding statistically you should produce one albino , one normal, and two hets out of four eggs. Because you have no way of telling which two are the hets and which is the normal of the normal looking babies you would have a 66% chance of each normal looking hatchling carrying the albino gene. Hope I explained it clearly enough. If you don’t mind can we see a pic of the sibling albino?

Old 02-14-2018, 10:11 PM   #9
Mac's Morphs
Paul is correct

These are 66% possible het albinos, I've seen the adults that produced these along with the albino clutch mate as I was going to buy the albino.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:18 PM   #10
wyblep
Well thanks for chiming in Mitch. The fact that you seen the adults and these are true 66 pos hets makes these two animals very desirable. Were they temp sexed for male or female?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!