Stolen Gila, Mike Winzer of Angels R Us - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:48 AM   #91
albinogila
Columbia Show

If the gila is still " on the loose ", my guess is someone might try to sell it out of the back of their trunk at the Columbia, South Carolina show this weekend. Lots of hots at the show. The organizers of this show should be alerted to this theft so they can let everyone know to be on the lookout for this animal. Did someone say Mike Winzer was " out of town "?

Roman Grochowski

Old 01-28-2005, 09:53 AM   #92
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentsden
I don't have need to mention names but certain individuals bring their own hobby down by not supporting there fellow hobbyist.
I missed this one when it was originally posted.

steve, you're a piece. let me just say that.

If certain individuals DID NOT keep venomous reptiles in a retail establishment and furthermore was to ACTUALLY keep them under lock and key instead of in a cage with 4 clips on it, NONE of us would be here.

If certain individuals who have ALREADY had problems with venomous sales would get their crap together WE would NOT be here AGAIN.

You've got some nuts there steve, trying to blame ANYONE other than yourself for anything that has happened.

I don't think you're a genuine bad guy but I do think you're a genuine idiot.

YOU make us all look bad. YOU, just you all by your lonesome have gotten how much attention in the last few months? And for what? That's right, you've gotten a lot of attention for two stupid moves. Are ya done yet?

I hope you get your lizard back. I hope I never hear of you again in a negative connotation. Given your track record I will NOT be surprised when you're once again the center of attention for stupidity.

You've got some nerve.

Certain people my a$$.

YOU need to do a better job of representing us. So far you're a great examply of how NOT to sell hots.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #93
nicolai
not agreeing with you on this one WES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn
If certain individuals DID NOT keep venomous reptiles in a retail establishment and furthermore was to ACTUALLY keep them under lock and key instead of in a cage with 4 clips on it, NONE of us would be here..
Almost all the specialty pet stores in PA keep venomous in thier stores for retail sale.

Quote:
If certain individuals who have ALREADY had problems with venomous sales would get their crap together WE would NOT be here AGAIN...
The problem was with the parents not steve.

Quote:
You've got some nuts there steve, trying to blame ANYONE other than yourself for anything that has happened
The only ones he is blaming is the perspetrators and the pet store owner (MIKE) that has it.

Quote:
I don't think you're a genuine bad guy but I do think you're a genuine idiot.
Your entitled to your opinion but I dont agree with it. It was stored in a enclosure that the lizard couldnt have escaped out of on its own, only with the help of a thief it got out of there.

Quote:
Given your track record I will NOT be surprised when you're once again the center of attention for stupidity.
unnecessary shot at steve.

Quote:
You've got some nerve. .
He certainly does and so would I if people tried to put me in a bad light for something that was out of my control.I blame the parents and the thief.

Quote:
Certain people my a$$. .
Well Wes...sometimes the shoe does fit, and sometimes your proven right in the long run but I dont think so when it comes to steve.

Quote:
YOU need to do a better job of representing us. .
I think that everyone that has ever done business with steve will say that he does a pretty darn good job in the reptile trade.

I know you dont agree with me on this one WES but Steve is actually one of the good guys that had his name in the spot light for two situations that were out of his control. And before you say it..I am not here speaking for him, his can speak for himself, I just felt obligated to do so because it is the right thing to do.

Please Wes if you feel it necessary to reply to this post keep it civil and the sacarsm down to a minimum.( I know thats hard for you sometimes)

Old 01-28-2005, 12:07 PM   #94
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
Almost all the specialty pet stores in PA keep venomous in thier stores for retail sale.

Please Wes if you feel it necessary to reply to this post keep it civil and the sacarsm down to a minimum.( I know thats hard for you sometimes)
First of all, whether or not it is legal to have hots in a retail store is not the point. The point is that in this store one was kept in such poor fashion that it was stolen by a customer. There was no lock. It was not in an inaccessable part of the store. This is an accident or theft waiting to happen. This is the move of an idiot.

I have no problems with what happened to the kid. That's on his parents not him and has a thread all it's own. If you wish to discuss that incident, the FIRST incident for steve, please do so in the appropiate thread. YOU nick should know better.

How was that?

Old 01-29-2005, 12:14 AM   #95
Gromph Baenre
Wes,
How could you possibly state the following to Mr. Bonn?

I have no problems with what happened to the kid. That's on his parents not him and has a thread all it's own. If you wish to discuss that incident, the FIRST incident for steve, please do so in the appropiate thread. YOU nick should know better.

end quote

Yet in your response to Mr. Markevich, YOU, stated the following.

If certain individuals who have ALREADY had problems with venomous sales would get their crap together WE would NOT be here AGAIN.

end quote

AND

YOU make us all look bad. YOU, just you all by your lonesome have gotten how much attention in the last few months? And for what? That's right, you've gotten a lot of attention for two stupid moves. Are ya done yet?

end quote

In the two previous quotes, were you not inferring, discussing, refrencing from the same thread you encouraged Mr. Bonn to post in? Why is it appropriate for you to discuss it in this thread, but Mr. Bonn should follow the rules and post his observations in the previous thread?

I concur with your assessment that the gila should have been under lock and key. It would prove futile to argue the logic of that observation. I believe that the focus of this thread should be on what we can do to assist Mr. Markevich in retrieving his stolen property. Don't you agree?

Best regards,

Carson Grindstaff

Old 03-27-2007, 02:42 PM   #96
BRIZZY
I have personally been to both of your stores and locations. I have to say i like serpents den 100% better as you seem to keep a better out look and up keep on your herps. I have also have had better experiences going to serpents den, the gentelman has always been very very knowledgeable and doesn't seem to be hiding anything....if you get what i mean. Mike from angels r us has been sneaky like he had something to hide everytime i have ever spoke with him and hasn't really ever given good info when asked about a herp in his store. Just my opinion tho!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #97
BRIZZY
I also would have to say the only idiot per say here--which i dont think personally anyone is an idiot and people who name call are the one seeking the needs somehow.
ANYWAYS----If someone would have told me when i called them that they think that it was there herp and i had. The RIGHT and HUMANE thing would have been to call my manager ASAP and say put that thing off the floor in the back for the rightful owner to come and see. Then when the pesky jerk who stole it in the first place came back he would have been in trouble....whether or not i personally like the other person who owns the store or not. Are we cival people here or a bunch of mutants?

It's just insane yuo can't lend a helping hand. That's all.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #98
cobrafreak
Angry This is bull sh*t

I am sorry to hear about your gila. It sounds to me like that mike guy got a very good deal on the gila and dose not want to give it up. Just keep doing what you are doing and keep posting pictures up of the gila. Mike will slip up sometime or another.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #99
Wilomn
Guys, this thread is over 2 years old.

Please look at dates.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #100
BRIZZY
I know how old it is i just wanted to put my input as i used both of these stores before.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!