Piebald Hognose - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-13-2002, 09:08 PM   #21
TC@Screamdreams
Okay, I was confused for a second. So the site that had the "disappearing" pic wasn't Terry's site, right? In my previous post I was under the assumption HE may have removed it. after reviewing this thread I realized it was Gateway's site. So before I confuse any of you, I'm going to butt out of this one, and just READ...but I do have to say one more thing...with all the mega-pixels available in the world today, along with this new generation of reptile hobbiest/breeders/collectors that thrive on taking or providing the highest quality photos to represent their animals to the public in breathtakingly detail, and going to great lengths in doing so, why isn't there ANY good pics of this morph??? I'm not a "pic collector" but you'd think REPTILES MAGAZINE or STEVE GOOCH would get ahold of this one...at least once. Again, I'm not saying it doesn't exist, as Ken said, Steve has excellent credentials, I'm just curious as to why.

Old 08-14-2002, 12:47 AM   #22
napavalleysnakes
I'll try to clear up the issue of whether the animal actually exists by contacting the owner and asking his permission to name him. spam_ He is a real stand-up guy, and fairly well known despite not advertising his animals on Kingsnake or Fauna Classifieds. spam_Hopefully other herpers can understand how someone could possibly want to remain nameless in this industry with some of the strange things currently going on. spam_I will also try to get him to send me a recent photo of the animal. spam_Now the funny thing is, that in an age of wonderful photographic technology, he is truly one of those people that does not take photos of his animals. spam_We hear all the time how somebody doesn't own a digital camera, yet is selling $3000 snakes. spam_Makes us a bit nervous about dealing with them (for good reason too). spam_I first dealt with him when I purchased his Mandarin Colony a few years back, sight unseen (he didn't have pictures then either), spam_and the animals I received were so much nicer than even his descriptions of them. spam_One thing I can state is the person I am vouching for is not Terry Lilley.. I do not know whether Terry has a piebald hognose or not. spam_Something else I will state is the genetics of this animal have yet to be proven out, so the hets could turn out be nothing more than ordinary hogs upon breeding them..

Stephen Emerick

Napa Valley Snakes

Old 01-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #23
Bubafat
Really old thread, but I'd like to know if anyone has heard anything new on this? Are there piebald hognose's out there? Were the hets fake?

Matt Hennek

Old 01-24-2006, 12:08 PM   #24
lbratcher4
One of my buddies bought a pair of the hets and knows others that bought pairs and none of them proved out so it was bogus.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:15 AM   #25
darkbloodwyvern
that sucks, it sounds like some people were positive it existed...

Old 01-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #26
lcchavez
Old old topic I know but one more ? on this: I know the hets came out to be bogus... ...but what about the original piebald that supposedly produced the hets. Could it be possibly that it was just a ringer and not genetic? Or was there one to begin with? Another picture of one never appeared again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!