Snake-brandishing woman gets house arrest - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:52 AM   #1
wcreptiles
Snake-brandishing woman gets house arrest

Snake-brandishing woman gets house arrest

Story Highlights• Woman convicted of brandishing snakes to keep cops away
• Judge sentences Terry Jackson, 36, to house arrest
• Snakes included diamondbacks, copperheads; they were donated to a zoo
• Jackson says she "wasn't in the right frame of mind that night"

SUNBURY, Pennsylvania (AP) -- A woman accused of holding police at bay by brandishing poisonous snakes was sentenced to house arrest and probation.

"I just wasn't in the right frame of mind that night," said Terry Jackson, 36, at her sentencing Monday.

Officers were trying to prevent the despondent woman from harming herself with a hunting knife when the confrontation took place October 25, police said.

Jackson picked up two western diamondback rattlesnakes, a pigmy rattlesnake and two copperheads to try to keep police from taking her into custody, authorities said.

Jackson, who was raising the snakes for laboratories, received several bites during the standoff and was taken to a hospital after police subdued her with a stun gun.

The snakes were later donated to a zoo in Hershey.

Jackson pleaded no contest in March to one count of reckless endangerment. She was sentenced to two years' probation and will spend the first six months of her sentence under house arrest. She must also receive drug and alcohol counseling.

She said she was beset by alcohol abuse and family problems and had wanted to kill herself.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/05/01/sn....ap/index.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see where she needs drug or alcohol counseling, she seems like a normal individual. Police come to your house, pull out a hand full of venomous snakes and wave them around. I hope part of her probation is she can't own any animals for a few decades.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 05-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
garweft
That's what I do when the in-laws visit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!